Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tippy Dam Fishing Report
Played hookey from the home remodeling project long enough to have a pretty good time at Tippy today .
I forgot my flybox so it was bait from the store that was used . I didn't have much luck chucking spawn at first so I switched over to waxworms . Plenty of keeper browns and a few bows were reeled in untill I polished off all two dozen of the critters and started flinging grapefruit again . On my second to last bag I slammed one a nice king in the mist of a bunch of cohos and steelies .
Iwas using 6# mono and a #20 hook so I pretty much had to let the fish settle down in the fast current holding just enough pressure to try and tire out the beast , that's when things went crappy .
For some unknown reason other than it seems that the guys on the Brethren side of the river love to throw spoons and lead snagging rigs on top of the lines from the other side that have a fish on .
I've seen a lot of guys get there fish hijacked this way in the past , today was my turn to have it happen to me .
He didn't get my fish , such a lite line I had on just snapped when he started ripping his rod back as hard as he could .
The fish was the only winner and I debated driving over to the other side just to kick that guys butt a good one , his actions and his buddys actions were deliberate whenever anyone on the hill side called out a fish .
Climbing back up that hill took the fight out of me , lucky for him .
I was ready to rock and roll their world up and down the riverbanks .
Next weekend I'm taking the boat to avoid having to fish with the early arival skum that the season seems to bring to the waters edge .
Oh yea , once again the Mi.D.N.R. was not around to inforce the no-snagging laws we have in place .
[signature]
thats when you need a teliphoto camera and a cell phone and call that pocher number.

I think I know the two guys your talking about, cuz I ran in to them a couple years back, insted of fighting them I went back to my truck and and waited for the dnr.

the dnr came out, but couldnt find any fish on them, they aint working alone. there are a few drivers taking the fish off some place.

I just took a nap and waited till they tired and then I went back. Them guys sure gives the name sportsman a bad name.
[signature]