Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st real time in freshwater wens am
I got in the water at 5:30 went to lake mead wash. No real action tried a combo of jigs, spoons. I think by looking at bay sports pic of the shad that I need to "match the hatch" and need more silver jigs not gold. Went thru the narrows saw some birds diving into water. I got a baby striper on a silver top water popper. I think it was right at boulder basin on the map. I need to try the live shad next. Do any local stores carry them or am I gonna have to break net my own.
[signature]
You are going to have to net them yourself. Before you get to the wash you will pass sand island. That is where most of the action has been lately. Good luck keep up with your reports.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Hey Evan,

Don't give up. There are a ton of stripers in that lake, and it is only a matter of time before you start raking them in yourself.

About 92.4% of my fishing at Mead is done with cut frozen anchovies. They provide about 97.9% success in catching stripers. I know it's not necessarily challenging but it's fun to catch a ton of stripers nonetheless.

I would love to use live bait but I've never seen any shad boils near Temple Bar. You should get tips from BaySport on how to net a bunch of shad before you start fishing for stripers.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
I give 110% when fishing Lake Mead 49.9% of the time. [Wink]
BaySport
[signature]
Give yourself more credit than that. No other person on this board is more dedicated to Mead more than you...especially with the countless hours of netting for shad...and getting on the water by 4 in the morning. I say you're giving 110% about 107.8% of the time when you're on Mead...although I have been known to be wrong -0.93% of the time.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]