Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome New Utah Moderators (old and new)
[size 3][font "Calibri"]Hello BFT Members,[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]First, I would like to again apologize for the technical issues related to this election process. I believe some the controversy and problems could have been avoided had the technical issues not arisen. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Calibri"][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]The reason for the reelection had nothing to do with the outcome of the previous election because in fact there was no outcome at all. The election process was halted as soon as we realized that the guidelines were not being technically enforced. It was always our intention and was stipulated that only registered members could in fact vote. In the previous election many votes were in fact by unregistered members.[/font][/size]
[font "Calibri"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]As we posted earlier it was our intention to appoint a moderator based on current moderator and BFT discussions as well as allow members to elect someone they felt would be a good moderator. We have completed this process and feel you will all be very pleased with your new moderators. [/font][/size]
[font "Calibri"][size 3]During the course of this process one of our moderators who had been thinking of stepping down as moderator thought that this would be the best time to do so. So you will notice that BearLackMack is no longer a moderator. We can’t thank him enough for all he has done for these boards and want him to know just how much we appreciate everything he has done! We are pleased to announce that (knowing we were short handed with moderators) Pat ([url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float_Tube_Fishing_C66/Float_Tubing_General_F81/Picture_posting_problems._P328373/gforum.cgi?username=TubeDude;t=search_engine"][#0000ff]TubeDude [/#0000ff][/url][/size][/font][size 3][font "Calibri"]) has graciously offered to step in and moderate and assist in getting our new moderators up to speed with the controls.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]Thank you again for all of you who took the time to voice your opinions and get involved in this processs.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]Your elected moderator for the Utah forum is:[/font][/size]
[font "Calibri"][size 3]Kent ([/size][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/General_Discusion_F58/gforum.cgi?username=kentofnsl;t=search_engine"][#0000ff]kentofnsl[/#0000ff][/url])

[size 3][font "Calibri"]BFT and Utah Moderators appointed Moderator (I would like you all to know that this was a very hard decision. There were many excellent members discussed and all involved felt that Ralph was an excellent choice among many) :[/font][/size]
[font "Calibri"][size 3]Ralph ([/size][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/General_Discusion_F58/Cold_weather_and_wipers_P365299/gforum.cgi?username=Old_Coot;t=search_engine"]Old_Coot [/url])
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thank you to those who voted for me. I appreciate your support. Thank you Rich (BearLakeMack) for all of your years of service as a moderator. I look forward to working with Jason (petty4life). Welcome back Pat (TubeDude) and congratulations to Ralph (Old_Coot).
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Congratulations Kent for taking the vote by a landslide. Thanks to TubeDude for stepping back in. And appreciation goes out to BLM, TubeDude, and petty4life for all their time and hard work on this great corner of the Internet playground.

I'm looking forward to working along side of TD, P4L, and Kent.

Ok ... enough of this group hug stuff ... The Berry's calling.
[signature]
[Smile][font "Rockwell Extra Bold"]CONGRATULATIONS GENTLEMEN!![Smile][/font]
[font "Rockwell Extra Bold"][#800000][/#800000][/font]
[font "Kristen ITC"][black]I'M SO THRILLED I GET TO PICK YOUR FISH BRAINS!![/black][/font]
[font "Latha"][/font]
[font "Latha"][#000080]Good choices everyone!![Wink][/#000080][/font]
[font "Latha"][#000080][/#000080][/font]
[font "Latha"][#000080]Glad to hear your decision Pat, I'm sure you'll help get em on the right track, appreciate everything you guys do for this site. [/#000080][/font]
[font "Latha"][#000080][/#000080][/font]
[font "Lucida Sans Unicode"][purple][size 3]FISH ON [cool][/size][/purple][/font]
[signature]
Congratulations Kent and Ralph. Be sure to check the upstairs room now that it is available to you.

I think the party is still going on right now so hurry up before the Band leaves.[cool]
[signature]
Congratulations Kent for winning the election. Old Coot congrats as well.

Welcome back TubeDude and glad you decided to stayed petty.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]WHEW! Hey Mike, I'll bet you are glad this is over. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for the votes of confidence. I am glad to be able to return. Inasmuch as I know and respect the other team members on the "mod squad", I believe that we can all work together to help make the Utah board better and stronger than ever.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We are planning to have a meeting of the mods as soon as possible, to agree upon the basic ground rules for moderating the Utah Board. We will then post a sticky outlining what we will provide and how we will deal with some of the more common situations. Hopefully there will be a minimum of misunderstandings. ANYTHING NOT CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD IS MISUNDERSTOOD.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Our main focus is to keep the board as a good place for everybody to drop in, hang out and talk fishing. We will encourage posting fishing reports and pictures. We will frown upon profanity, personal attacks and "pot stirring". Open discussion of controversial topics...related to fishing...are encouraged. "Soap-boxing" and endless repetition of passionate positions will result in editing, deletions and locked threads.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your new moderators are mostly experienced anglers with maturity and a professional manner of dealing with problems. We promise to take our responsibilities seriously, but to not take ourselves too seriously. Those who cross the line on matters of ethics or procedure will be advised by PM whenever they have been edited, deleted or otherwise censored. Repeated transgressions or open hostility to BFT or moderators will be subject to a "time out". But, such actions will be a consensus opinion between two or more moderators. We will act as a team and a committee for important decisions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We know (from experience) that we cannot keep everybody happy. Some folks are looking for things that we do not provide on this board. There are plenty of other places to find the things not available on the UTAH BFT forum. But, for anybody who just wants a family friendly fishing forum, we think we can keep our little playroom the best spot on the internet for folks who want timely information and personalized help whenever they want or need it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Ultimately, it is not the moderators' board. It is the members board. We are here only to help guide the ongoing process. The activity and the success of the whole thing depends upon members caring and sharing...and keeping things on a friendly level. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So, let's all take a couple of deep breaths and move on. It should be fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Congrats or condolences to the new mods[Wink], and a big welcome back hug to TubeDude! (Jason knows we still love him too). It's Sad to see Rich step down, but he's had to deal with us morons for long enough! I've fished with both Kent and Ralph and I can attest they are both good guys, and I think most of you would like them as well.

Just out of curiosity, what were the results of the PM pole???
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Congratulations Ralph & Kent![/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Welcome Back TubeDude![/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I am looking forward to reading more of your posts and comments. Sorry to see Rich step down, I liked the "diplomacy" you would use with people that needed it, like me sometimes… hummm now what will you do with all this time on your hands??? The fish better hide now.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
good luck guy,s. hang on it always a ride around here.lol rich will be missed by me thats for sure. thanx man you been a mod forever with open mind and a slow trigger finger. great mod in my eyes. petty glad your still here. kent your support is huge. old coot has a great Smile.lol dude its just water under bridge right? lol ken
[signature]
[#505000]Grats Old_Coot and Kent. I personally couldn't be more pleased with the choice.[/#505000]
[signature]
Welcome back our friend Tube dude. Thanks Rich for your service and congrads to Kent and Ralph
[signature]
Woot Woot congrats to Kent and Ralph, sure glad I have met you both recently and know you guys. Congrats yall have my support!
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Welcome back TubeDude and Petty, and congrats to Kentofnsl and Old_Coot for being selected to moderate![/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]BLM sorry to see you go, and I hope you enjoy yourself. Hopefully you will still stop by every now and again 'cause I will be sending you some PM's with pics of Big Fish in the near future, LOL.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Good luck to everyone![/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
congrats to Kent and Ralph. Welcome back TD. i think this board is in really good hands. [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Wow! you take a week off and look what happens![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Why do folks think because you are no longer a moderator, that you'll abandon the site? LOL! Hey, I'm here and I plan to stick around. I have some other irons in the fire and hopefully, all will work out for the best. I have left this place in very capable hands. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Send those big fish pics! You know how I like them![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
You back early or posting from your phone? I'm taking the airboat out in the afternoon for a shake down run before the youth opener on Saturday. Want a ride?

Congrats Kent and Ralph. I look forward to being banned by both of you at some point.

IFG
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Blown main motor...again. Came home and ordered a new Mercury 115 4 stroke. You know what they say, once you go black you never go back! Mercury all the way, baby! Do you know how much a new outboard is? Well let me tell you. FRICKIN' EXPENSIVE![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, I'll take that ride and make a hand off. Just don't throw me out in the mud...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[size 1]Congratulations Kent and Old Coot, I'm sure you guys will do a great job.

Welcome back TubeDude, good thing you were close by[Wink].[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Rich, thanks for everything you have done since you have been moderator, you have done a great job. [/size]
[signature]