Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle Provo
Got off work early Fished the middle Provo today near the Charleston / Midway Area. Got to the river about 10 am there was a cold breeze but the sun was out so it was quite nice. The river has medium to slow flows nothing like a few months ago

Caught 4 Browns nothing of any real size but fun none the less
Im pretty new to the Provo so didnt really know what flies to use but saw a bunch of little minnows darting around so I figured I use a small streamer
caught all fish on a brown\orange bugger.
[signature]
Hit the Middle Provo again today, this time fished the section right below the Jordanelle Damm. got there about 11:am fishing was pretty slow until later in the evening then it came in spurts Caught a total of 6, biggest one being 17 inches. All Beautiful Browns.
[signature]
Try these flys next time there

Attractor Nymphs: 14 Caddis larva,16 glo bug,8 red san juan worm
Trailer Nymphs: 18 gold/black zebra midge,18 Barber scud,18 soft hackle sow
dry flys: 18 blacks brooks sprout, 18 griffeths gnat

there are alot more that will work but these have always done me well in that area.
[signature]
Sweet all have to give them a try [Wink] Thanks !!!
[signature]
Dont forget the classic standby's (pheasant tail and hares ears, etc...), as well as some bigger streamers for the more aggressive fish. They should hit the streamers just about anytime, but get very territorial when the spawn is going on. Its gonna be time to bust out the red zebra's before I know it.
[signature]
I agree, streamer power should be picking right up. I've been seeing alot of browns pulling motocross stunts in the air which always seems to happen right before they get their groove on. They are an aggressive fish to begin with so streamers work well.

There have been some nice hatches in the evening as well.
[signature]