Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some suggestions on how to fish a pond.
A friend of mine just got some info on a pond that we both fish. It is a smallish pond that is inside city limits so no boats or tubes. My buddy happened to drive by while the pond was being shocked by some guys surveying the bass population. He said the majority of the big bass came from the dam area. He also said that all of the bigguns had been eating crawdads. He also said that the bank is terraced and most of the bass came from the first dropoff. So I have the bottom contour and the forage now I just need to go catch em. I really haven't used any crawfish type lures. I ask you fellow bass fishermen what would you suggest using in this situation. The water temps are in the 60s here right now so we are moving to the fall. Any suggestions would be awesome. If I catch some fish using anyones suggestions I will post pics and give that person lots of praise.[Smile]
Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Live crawdads seem to work well this time of year up here in NY, but i use crawdad tubes with sound beads when i want to wake the bass up.
[signature]
live crickets right now are hot, especialy the black ones if you can catch the wild ones... but the store bout brown are good too....

cast in to an area free of weeds near weed beds.

ya you will have to fight off them taisty gills, its dirty work but some body has to do it....[Tongue]
[signature]
1/8 oz. brass bullet weight and glass bead rigged texas style with a 5" doubletail hula grub from Yamamoto in either cinnamon/purple flake or green pumpkin/black flake on a 2/0 ewg Gamakatsu hook. Can't go wrong, crawl it on the bottom back towards the shore.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies guys. I picked a Storm crawfish crankbait after work today. I caught a 19" LMB on my first cast with it.[Smile] I caught another the same size about 10 casts later. I didint have much time but I know what to use next time.
[signature]
nice job bro keep up the good work!
[signature]
Nice job on the LMB. Just remember one thing: As the climate and water cools down, you presentation needs to slow down as well.[cool]
[signature]
Try the grubs that I mentioned as the water cools, a little dab of some Crawdad scent never hurts.
[signature]
I love those grubs. I even inject them with a little Pro Cure. That stuff holds well in the plastic and slowly bleeds the scent out.[cool]
[signature]