Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Trip Questions???
Hey guys, I am from Utah and I am looking to go on a fishing trip this next summer (2008) and take my dad and brother... I am interested in any suggestions you have for a fishing trip... I dont know a lot about fishing in Minn... but ideally we would have a guide or two and fish for three to five days, hopefully trying for several different kinds of fish, walleye, bass and mabe pike or muskie... price is not really an issue...

any suggestions are greatly appreciated... thanks AJ
[signature]
Hi there ajensen! You are going to really enjoy fishing in MN. I'd say, for the species you listed, your best bet would be to hit the Brainerd Lakes area or Mille Lacs. These places will not only give you plenty of water to fish for the species you listed, but will also give you ample opportunity to catch crappies and bluegills.
[signature]
thanks for the response... I have been researching Mille Lacs so I am glad you said that... any suggestion on a guide service to use... I would like a more private guide service and I would rather not be on a boat with 40 other people??? thanks again
[signature]
I have no idea when it comes to that. Myy friend, 1iceman, should be able to help in that area. He's definitely more knowledgeable about that area. But I'll also try to do some research for ya.
[signature]
thank you sir... I appreciate your help..... AJ
[signature]
AJ,

Another thing to consider is lake Vermillion. For the fish you want this may be the place to go. It is also a very scenic lake up here in the wilderness. If you get done trolling the 1200 miles of shoreline there are other good lakes within 20 minutes. I would do some reseach if I were you and seriously look into it. I've never used I guide since I know the lake myself, but there are several good guides on the lake. One I know and have heard good things about his service is Cliff Wagenbach here is a link to his webpage

[url "http://www.cliffsguideservice-lakevermilion.com/"]http://www.cliffsguideservice-lakevermilion.com/[/url]

Whatever you decide, have fun here in MN.
[signature]
[cool] ajensen , get ahold of me , p.m me your number , and I'll set you up !!

Flagmanonice..

Heres a friend I took out for a day !

.[size 1].[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17999;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=18000;] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1].[/size]
[signature]
I didn't know you were a guide flag. Is that 2 pics of the same fish? Looks like it but i'm not sure. Either way, a monster.
[signature]
No , I'm not a guide , I just like fishing with friends !! Those were caught on the same day , one was a 46 incher , and the other is a 51 incher ! My biggest this summer was a 48 incher !
Good luck hunting this week , and we'll see ya out on the ice !!

[signature]
cool, very nice fish. Was that on Mille lacs? Hunting was pretty good this weekend. Both my dad and I shot bucks. The other 4 in our crew didn't get anything (rookies) [Tongue] . Also, we should find a time to meet up and get out ice fishing this winter.
[signature]
[black][size 3]WOW, Sweet fish ! I really should get up there for some of those Minnesota minnows one of these days. All we have around here are a very few Tiger Muskeys (the hybrids).[/size][/black]
[signature]
Ehh... those little fish are the size of the minnows I use as bait. [Tongue]

One of these years I'm gonna have money enough to go out there and go fishing with all of you. Maybe next year if all pans out well with my Prepaid Legal business.
[signature]