Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote troll help
I have a skeeter. It is fiberglass. It has a remote troll on the back and I noticed that the bottom bolt was hanging out, So I called Dick's and they said that it is probably a Lag bolt which it is and that I would need to bring it in and have a larger one put in. For some reason that doesn't make much sence to me to have a lag bolt in fiberglass. He said that when this larger bolt wears out than they would have to take it off and refiberglass it and start again. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this permantly.

Thanks
TFS
[signature]
[black][size 3]I'm not familiar enough with the Skeeter to know for sure, but it may be that there is no room to access the transom for a standard nut/bolt setup.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If you can't get to the inside of the transom because of live wells, battery boxes, etc. a lag bolt may be the only option for mounting a remote troll.[/size]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Yes that is the problem. The top 2 are nut and bolts probably that is the only ones they could get to. I was just hoping for a trick to keep them in. The plate seems to drag in the water alot. When I slow down it throws water in the boat. I put a pic in the lets see your boats section.
[signature]
[black][size 3]That is one nice boat. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]There are some thing that I would recommend to keep the lug bolts in place, maybe a good grade of marine silicon. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]As far as the water in the boat problem goes, I can only think of two possibilities. One would be to slowly reduce your power when slowing down (gentle stop).[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The other would be to remove some of the bottom of the remote troll. This would depend on now it's mounted. If you get a chance, maybe you could post a close up pic. of the remote troll.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I'll bet that between all of the members on the forum, we could come up with a solution.[/size]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Yes I could probably do a gentle stop but I keep forgetting. I have only had it out 3 times. Thank you for your help. Could I get that marine grade silicon at any boat shop? Probably huh dumb question. Any brand you have had luck with. I was thinking JB weld [crazy] That fixes everything
[signature]