Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Wilson April 4-03
[Wink][font "Arial"][size 2] finally got on the water yesterday after a week of being away. I caught 7 stripers up to 7# pulling live bait on planer boards, missed at least that many more as the were short hitting allot. With the fronts coming thru like they always do in April and the constant wind shifts it can make the fishing pretty tough. I'm having no problem finding fish but finding the ones that want to bite is another story. My opinion is that the fish will usually fire back up about 48 hours after a front has passed, sometimes a little sooner. Last week I had found lots of stripers in the Minooka area which had moved and scattered. It seems the stripers are scattered lake wide and have heard reports of a few being caught on the wind blown points by wader fishermen at all over the lake. Good Luck[/size][/font]
[signature]
I have noticed simmilar events in the mitten state, as the front is moving in every thing is fine, as the center passes over every thing seems to get cold till the high pressure front that is pushing the wether systems passes.

I'd say you have a pritty good assesment on system fronts and fish behaviour.
[signature]