Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the "Inline" option when adding Pictures to your post

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][size 3][black][font "Comic Sans MS"]I'm sure you all have noticed the "InLine" option when you attach a file to a post. Seems like everyone checks the box just because it's there, not really knowing what it does. Heres it's purpose.[/font][/black][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Remember, all pictures inserted into the body of the post must be 400 pixels max width. All pictures over 400 pixels wide may/will be deleted from the post.[/size][/font][black]
[/black][size 1]
[/size][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]When you upload an attachment, like a picture, you can check the box and click upload attachment and then once it reloads you can click the picture frame on the toolbar and it will paste the picture. It makes it easier so you don't have to edit your post and then paste the picture.[/size][/black][/font][size 1]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[/size][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]If you are not going to load the attachment into the body of your post than the InLine option is serving no purpose. One of the side effects of using the InLine option is that it does not allow a lot of people to see the attachment. Why? Who knows. I guess it's a computer thing or firewall thing or...So if you do not plan to put your attachment into the body of your post as described above, PLEASE DO NOT CHECK THE INLINE BOX if you want everyone to see it.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Details for using it as described by the Old Coot:[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font] [ol] [li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]First I "attached" four pics making sure that each one had it's "Inline" box checked during the attaching process. [/size][/#800040][/font] [li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]Next I went ahead and began writing the body of my post.[/size][/#800040][/font] [li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]As I wrote, I would come to a place where I would want one of the pics to appear. With the cursor at that spot I would click on the little image icon button (the button looks like a miniature mountain sceen). A small dialogue box pops up prompting you to select either an Image Location or an Inline Image. Clicking the radio button next to "Inline Image" would then display the four pics I had previously "attached" with the inline feature.[/size][/#800040][/font] [li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]I then just simply clicked the radio button next to the pic I wanted to display and then click on the Submit button and … wallaaa … the picture shows up there.[/size][/#800040][/font][/li][/ol]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]I would continue writing my post and repeating steps 3 and 4 for each pic.[/size][/#800040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]Hope this helps.[/size][/#800040][/font]

[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]