Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
well...don't really fish anymore...
and now im kinda scared to. last week i saw an article in my newspaper about a bacteria in the local waters that got in your ears if you got in the water, and basically ate at your brain, ultimately killing you. it also said 6 people had already died from it, and that there was no cure. now what that means to me is that that bacteria is very possibly on the fish that i would be catching, and just wiping my hands off after tossin em back wouldnt effectively rid my hands of the bacteria were it present...so if it couldnt enter through my skin right then and there and travel to my brain, then i may scratch or touch my ear a little later on, and boom, bacteria in the ear...so really, something i loved to do, even though i was having a dry spell, i really dont want to do anymore.

anyone heard about this or know what it is or anything about it?
[signature]
[black][size 3]There have been many false reports concerning this condition. All recent cases have been reported in the Orlando, Florida area. There have been about two dozen cases of this in the US during the past 10 or 12 years.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]In order to be exposed, a person must be underwater in a stagnant lake with a water temperature over 80 degrees.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The amoeba that causes this must enter thru the nose, and find it's way to the brain.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Most victims of this have been very young kids. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Handling fish or even being in the water is not risky where this condition occurs.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
so i should be fine if im fishing from a river in winter (for blue cats)?
[signature]
You should be fine in the TN River. It doesn't get over 55 degrees in the winter time.[cool]
[signature]
thats good. cuz theres a lot i'd like to do in my life before i die, so id hate for my brain to be eaten. but if thats the way God intended it to be, then it will happen. so i really shouldnt worry... i do miss fishin, but its not cold yet...
[signature]
The Cats will hang out more in the warmer, deeper, slower flowing areas of a river. You should find them in similar conditons during the cold but they will just be a little slower.[cool]
[signature]
here are the facts, the parisite lives in the water, You need an open wound or swallow the water to get infected,

but the most common way people are infect with this parisite is from eating improperly prepaired fish.. meaning eating fish not heated to an internal tempreture of 145* to kill off the parisite.

these parisites live in both fresh and salt water... freezing water temps wont kill the parisite, the parisite has to be frozen to sub freezing temps to kill it... so never make your own sushi...

It is most likely that they consumed unfully cooked fish. this could kill an entire camp of people...

as for walking in to waters that reach 90 degrees I might wory about other bacteria, especialy collera..

In a river I would wory even less except if you are below a sewage treatment plant and you have been recently flooded with heavy rains and your storm drains over flowed the plants copasidy then sewage will over flow in to the river....

all poo contains collera, cows sheep pigs chickens and yes even people, collera is not dangerous in our intestinal system, it is extreamly dangerous if it gets in to your stomach lungs open wounds where it can be absorbed in to the rest of your body causing illness...

becoming collic means your system has been infested with levels of collera that your system can no longer handle it... Poeple do die from this as well, standing worm waters can be realy dangerous when temps are worm... In michigan we have beaches shut down all the time because swimmers think of the water they swim in as thier bathrooms and do a number or two where every one else is swimming, It dosnt matter if you go number 1 or number 2 in the lake, its all the same...

hope this clairifies things for you....

It is good to be cautious, but I realy suggest you take a food service safe food handlers corse... you will get a real insite to what and where you should focus your concern on with out running around like chicken little.. "not that you are, youve just been missenformed"
[signature]
clarified? i think i have a Ph D lol. no worries about eating, the TN river is a hella polluted river, not gonna be eating any fish out of there.
[signature]
You are more likely to die from falling down.
[signature]
[size 1]Please adjust your avatar to no more than 150 pixels wide.[cool] [/size]
[signature]