Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some success, finally
[size 3]I finally got something going, it seems. Sunday I went out and got 3 fish. it is the first time I land more fish than I loose and the third outing in a row that I actually landed fish.
The ones from yesterday were small but I dont mind, at this stage in my fishing experience I take what I can get, even if they are little. I am feeling more confident now and I have tried a few different technics already. It is a big puzzle that I hope to figure out.[/size]
[signature]
way to go man, may i ask where your fishing?
[signature]
I fish the lower colorado river, the Yuma Az area; there are a number of man made lakes and irrigation canals where there are a ton of fish.
[signature]
Congratulations on the success. Persistant and patience need to be in your tackle box just as much as the hooks are.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
Persistant and patience need to be in your tackle box just as much as the hooks are.[cool] [/reply]
Thanks, you are so right about this. Just during the hottest days of the summer I was about to give up, I could not catch a cold! I am glad I stuck it out, I think when I go thru a dry spell again I will be better mentally since I had some success.
[signature]
I find that, believe me or not, confidence is a huge factor in fishing. Your experiences will teach you how, what, where, etc. and soon you will just do what comes naturally to you and know you are fishing the right spot, bait, whatever. Although, patience is just as important.
[signature]
yeah, i like to envision the strike as goofy as that sounds. But with every cast i think of where that killer bass will be and how hes gonna hit my lure. Then once i get my lure out there i like to think i can see him come jetting out from underneath it and hitting it hard! It works for me, but everyone has their own thing!!
[signature]
Great job and your right it is a big puzzle. When you figure out your favorite spot, go to a different water and the pieces get tossed again. Thats the challenge of bassin.
[signature]