Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat storage question.
I have a 14 foot aluminum. no trailer. what is the best way to store this thing for the winter, should i take it to a storage unit? is it okay on top of my garage, or should i keep it up on its side next to the garage? do i need to put it on blocks? how would you all store a boat that is NOT on a trailer?
[signature]
[black][size 3]For years, I stored a 14 foot Lowe, upside down on top of my dog runs. They were exposed to the weather conditions year around, and it didn't hurt the boat in any way.[/size][/black]

[size 3]I think that the only way you could damage a boat, is if you store it out in the elements, right side up, where water could freeze inside.[/size]

[size 3]A private duck club that I shot for years, left their boats out in the field, upside down, without any damage sustained. (except for the occasional skunk that used them for a home.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Ditto what Sabre said. Just flip it over and block it up.
If the roof of your garage(?) it the easiest place to put it, ok, it won't hurt the boat unless it flies off in a wind.
The idea is turn it over and elevate it the easiest way you can. 6" wood blocks, Concrete blocks, block it on 4 points. Set a strap or rope over it and to 2 tent pegs in the middle for extra wind safety.

You have room for a boat in your storage unit?[Smile]
[signature]
I do have room for a boat in my storage unit, my unit is a 5500 sq. ft. warehouse. my family owns a business in downtown SLC and I being a "member" get to store all the crap i can fit in there until i need it. I guess if my dad can store a 58 caddy, 63 corvair, 85 caddy, and a 79 lincoln town car that is literally 18 feet long in there, i can store my lil fishn boat. I have a hand made kyac I built almost 20 years ago down there too......yah so if yall need a place to hunker down some stuff, i am sure we could make some arrangement.

I know my dad wants to get rid of some of those cars, the lincoln and the 85 caddy really. so if you know anyone PM me and i will call them. both need to be worked on they have been stored forever.
[signature]
Ah, what the heck. Just bring it up to the Bear Lake State Park Marina and put it in the parking lot with all the other boats that are being stored there for the winter. LOL!!!!!
[signature]