Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Elsinore
[cool][#005028]Every Friday the OC Register provides a fishing report covering local waters. Now while it covers lakes some distance away like Castaic & Casitas Lakes, Lake Elsinore wasn't included. [which is much closer to OC]Well last Monday I sent an e-mail to the sports editor requesting that he consider including Lake Elsinore in his weekly report. Guess what? Today my request was granted. Thanks Dave Strege. BTWhere is some info from today's report: Some decent bass action on crankbaits, plastic worms and spinnerbaits. Catfish best at old state park.[/#005028]
[signature]
...how cool is that.. Im glad to see that some papers are actually concerned about what their readers want..

... have you seen any updates on that "water condition" on that lake that we were discussing last week?

MacFly
[signature]
They are still trying to pinpoint the leakage and where it's coming from. In the mean time, I don't need no fudge on my tube. Not my style.[laugh]
[signature]
Dryrod,

I live a thirty minute drive from Lake Elisinor, but I have never fished it. It appears to be a large mud hole fed by run off. Also, over the years, there have been reports of the lake being dirty. Yes, I have read the reports that state the lake is now clean. However, I have a hard time believing these reports. Have you fished Lake Elsinore in year 2009. What is your opinion of the lake?

Lightlinejohn
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi Lightlinejohn - the last time we [fellow BFTers] fished the lake was about 1½ years ago. The water was stained but the level was pretty good. All of us were tubing which made it easy getting around the lake. While it pales in size compared to Silverwood, wind or annoying power boaters doesn't present a problem. Yes it is a small lake but okay to fish. Since I prefer rivers, brooks or streams I'm not a good judge of lakes, meaning to me that it is just another body of water in a suburban neighborhood.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]