Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-13-2007 Willard Bay Again
Went to the north marina at Willard Bay again Saturday morning. The wind was blowing really strong until almost 11:00. Probably should have just called it quits and went home. But I wanted to test my new fins.

After reading Road's field test of several different kinds of fins and TubeDude's like of Mares fins, I bought a used pair of used Mares Avanti Quattro fins off of ebay. They really are sweet. I can move my tube with a fraction of the effort required by my older step-in/strap-on style float tubing fins. The extra length of the fins changed my kicking style quite a bit, and a whole new set of muscles got a work-out; but the longer fins definitely make a difference.

Anyway, the wind died down and the bite picked up (or at least I could feel it) after 11:00 and I was able to land three 14-16 inch cats, and lost a few more, before leaving around 1:00.
[signature]
...great report.. sounds like you had a good day in a couple of different ways.. new fins that work well for you on top of landing several fish.. I dont think a day of fishing could get much better than that...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]