Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Reservoir, low water, no in flow affect on next year's bass fsihing?
[size 1]I asked this question on a local froum but as yet I haven't received a good answer so I thought I'd try a larger audience of experts.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]I'm worried about S.E. Idaho reservoirs. I've been enjoying them for my first time fishing em for LM this year but am concerned about next year. Was considering getting a year license next year. Here's my worry. All of the resevoirs I've fished this year are all really low, (like less than 10% and some 2%), and I've noticed that many (if not all) of the ones I fished have no fresh water running into them. Don't know how long there has been no fresh water but it looks like for some several months. I just got back from Condie and I noticed this and it made me wonder. Do these reservoirs require fresh water during the fall/winter for the bass, etc. to survive, especially when they are this low? Is the lack of fresh water coming in this time of year normal? Does the winter snow and spring run off take care of things? Condie is supposed to be maintained as a trophy bass fishery. [unsure] Also noticed no water flosing out. Any comments or opinions on next year's prospects?[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Leaky and Sparky[/size]
reservouirs can be filled a number of ways,

rains, canals, rivers, spring and fall runoffs, pumped in from other sorces like rivers and lakes from miles away even from undergound. Most in my area are ground wells filling towers, others are recycled waters...

the reason you dont see an out flow is because the water is being used for city perposes. there is most likley a under water pump that draws water in to the city treatment plant and pumped in to a tower or a tank some where so that the water can be presurized to reach sinks fausets and car washes ect....

it is not so much the level of water that makes a differance in a healthy bass fishery, one of the best I know of is shallow and worm and you cant hardly drop a line in and not pull out a bass... so long as food is a vailable, and the water has oxigen, via wind, airater or water spouts/fountains, you wont have to wory about the bass, they will be just fine...

if those waters are advertised as a prime bass fishery, it is most likley well taken care of no matter what the depths of waters are, in addition they are properly stocked with fresh bass every spring...
[signature]