Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody miss me? Yeah, I was gone.
[cool][#0000ff]Made it to Tennessee and back. Yeeee Hawwww! If anybody in Utah says "y'all" to me in the next week I'm gonna smack 'em upside the haid. At least I'ma fixin' to. Sheesh. They speak another language there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, there are big trees everywhere and they are sure pretty. Lots of water too...with fishies in it. I did not get a chance to do any fishing though. As I drove by world famous TVA lakes, like Dale Hollow (home of the record smallmouth) my rod arm was twitchin' so bad it almost made the car run off the road.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the highlights of the trip was being able to dine royally at Popeye's Chicken and Waffle House again. Got my redneck body mass back in balance.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My first trip to Tennessee and I was really pleasantly surprised at the modernness of the cities and the cleanliness of the whole state. They really keep their roadsides clean and they are great to drive on. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah, I got plenty of reinforcement for Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck analogies. My daughter had her bridal registry at Walmart. Isn't that a Foxworthy standard? And, saw plenty of mobile homes sitting on 5 acre "ranches" (two chickens or more). As per Foxworthy, many of these mansions had at least 4 cars in the yard...of which maybe one worked.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Got to see some beautiful country. We definitely plan to make a longer trip over there someday...with tubes and fishing gear.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, my daughter married a guy with a bass boat. He is a DEDICATED basser, and is part of a whole family of serious fishermen. My girl done fine. In fact, the preacher who performed the ceremony is a fishaholic too. Danged near made the wedding ceremony late because he wanted to keep talking fishing with the other guys in the wedding party.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
...if'n ya'll don mind me assskin...what part of the great state did ya'll visiit?? [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
It looks like my new brother in law made the qualifications. Shucks! I thought I was done gonna have ta whup some sense into him Pa![Tongue]
[signature]
[sly][sly]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We flew (by plane) into Nashville, rented a car and drove to Cleveland...not too far north of Chattanooga. We took some time to see some sights and visited Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls in Chattanooga before driving on to Cleveland, where my daughter lives.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After the wedding, we drove a different route back...following Hwy 75 up to 40 and then going east back to Nashville. As I said, I got "fish-nervous" as we passed each turnoff to a famous fishing lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Of course we visited Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville and toured the museum. What a hoot![/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have a lot of pictures that I still need to download and edit. Will be happy to post a few if you are that much of a masochist.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
To bad ya'all were not able to wet a line !!! Haven't fished in Tennese much, but Missouri,Kentucky, Arkansas, and Oklahoma were hangouts. What I miss the most is floating the streams in Central Mo. Need to get back there soon !!! Glad to have you back. Now we need some better weather on the weekends !!!!
[signature]
TD,

I am not a masochist... at least my wife tells me Im not.. and that is usually while she is slapping me up side the head for some reason or the other.. but would love to see the pictures if'n yur of a mind to shar em...:-)...

..my daughter and her family live in a growing town called Manchester that is about 45 mins or so SE (I think) of Nashville.. they are very close to Tims Ford Lake and that is where they generally do their fishing and some of their deer huntn'.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
TD,

Great pics...thank you for sharing.. and ya gotta love that cake.. fishing is definately in the "fambly"... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]They had another more "traditional" cake too. See pic.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I really knew that the fishin' cake was a redneck creation. They misspelled my daughter's name...CIDNY...instead of Cindy. And...nobody noticed.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
... Im sorry I did not notice the misspelling either.. the other cake.. although a little more traditional it still a lil bit country and.. uhhhhmmmmmmmmm fishy.. but Id say that just fits right in with the fambly and the setting.. looks as if it was a great day and ceremony for all...[Smile]

Macfly [cool]
[signature]
Hey Pa. Wut in tarnations is the diffrence between a Redneck and and a Hillbilly besides the spelling??[cool]
[signature]
...sinceun ya kin spelll bott dem biig wrds then ya ain tneter... [crazy]

(kin ya her da banja playn ????)

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]ALTITUDE...not attitude.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Either may be either...neither.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome back TudeDude, sounds like you had an enjoyable trip. Even without any fishing, it sounds like good food, sightseeing, learning a new language; and, of course, a wedding made for a good time.
[signature]
Welcome back Pat! I really did miss you. I had to answer all of my "jig making" questions myself. It sounds like you had a great time. Best of everything for your daughter. It is good to have you back!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks Lloyd. If you are not doing anything next Friday, a couple of us tubers are semi planning a snowy assault on Huntington. Will be waiting for a snow report from one of the BFTers in the area.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If nothing else, we can go tube-sledding. I have done a bit of that myself. Actually easier to get the tubes down that long slope on top of the snow than carrying them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are some pics from a cold morning on Deer Creek last November...when the water was a bit higher than it is now.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice to have have ya back home Pat. And yes we all missed you!

Did you happen to bring any GOOD weather with you? Lord knows w could use some.

Spent the last two and a half days repairing this computer. I bet I NEVER let my son-in-law use it as me again. Maybe if he's lucky as a guest with no download privileges.

So are ya ready to wet a hook? Maybe stretch your line in some home waters. LakeX has been fair to middlen this last week.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, don't blame this weather on me...or Tennessee. It was in the mid 80's and sunny there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PM me with your schedule. Got a couple of things workin'. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pa. Wut in tarnations is the diffrence between a Redneck and and a Hillbilly besides the spelling??[cool]

About 1.3 miles
[signature]
I have a 7:30 am class to teach next Friday morning so I wouldn't be able to go to Huntington if the group goes then. However, after Friday and during the entire month of November I am free to go fishing almost any day of the week. All of the students in my classes will be doing their practicum in the schools then so I am free!!!
[signature]