Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is the Report
ATFISHING gave me a call around 5:30am. Not to wake me up but to give me a heads up on some important traffic conditions for the 5 freeway.

15 big rigs and 3 unfortuanate souls were in the middle of the freeway closure.

We met up at a different rondevous point and went through the canyon route to get to Castaic.

We got there at 7:30 instead of 7:00. We were launched within 15 minutes.

The outside air temp was 50 degrees and the water was measuring 57. Just right for Wadelites in SoCal.

We worked the east side with a few explosions on the Huds and 'Staics that were were throwing out. I also threw on of my Matt Lures Blue Gills only to raise up a senseless Trout boil on it.

The fish went deep early and I started getting thumps and bumps in the 44 to 55 foot mark. I lost a few tails on my LA Sliders and Sluggos but still no positive hook ups.

We continued on up the east side, working every square inch of that section of the Lagoon. I ended up on the Bouy Line under the damn dam. A few bumps and bruises on other plastics but still no hook ups.

By 10:00 we decided to work our way back from the shoreline up to the 26 foot mark. Lots of excercise and kicking back in 8mph winds.

It was lots of fun and lots of excercise since the wind happened to be at our backs. No problem for seasoned Tubers but maybe a little excess workout if there was a newbie involved.

We made it back to the launch ramp by 12:10pm. The water temp was now 67 and the outside temp was nearing 78.

We managed to make out way in and out of heavier traffic and stopped for lunch on the way.

We parted ways around 3:00pm after AT went one way on the freeway and I the other.[cool]
[signature]