Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 5th Annual Salsa Boyz Party at Bear Lake … November 17
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]It’s that time of year again to start making plans for this year’s Salsa Boyz party at Bear Lake.

In years past we have had much fun getting together for the Salsa Boyz party at Bear Lake. For those of you who are new to the BFT Utah board this year and are wondering just what this gig is, here is some info:

Back in 2003, several of the regular BFT Utah members were comparing notes about homemade salsa. We were trying to think of a way to get together to share some salsa and do some taste testing. We come up with the idea of meeting together at Bear Lake and do some chips and salsa taste testing while fishing together. Well, over the years, there is not much salsa up there any more but the name “Salsa Boyz” has just kind of stuck and provided a great excuse and opportunity to get together for some friendly fishing on Bear Lake.

Each year, around about noon, when the fishing had slowed a bit, we all pull the boats together to eat lunch and share all kinds of eats. Guys have brought lots of tasty treats. Things like salami, cheese, supper HOT peppers, chili, hot out-of-the-oven bread and jam, etc.. It’s always a fun lunch time. This year we will see what new tasty treats show up.

Even though the party is never intended to be a “competition”, we always wonder just who will catch the biggest fish of the day. Last year the bragging rights went to Bait_Caster and the year before they went to AFDan.

So here are the basic details for this year’s get together [ul] [li]Date: Saturday, November 17, 2007[/li] [li]Time: Definitely no specific time but most will be there launching just before daylight.[/li] [li]Where: Bear Lake (duh). Most will probably launch at the State Park Marina.[/li] [li]What to bring: No need to bring anything at all but if you want to, bring something to eat that you would like to share with the other folks at lunch time. Sometime around noon we’ll circle the wagons and pass the grub.[/li] [li]Who can participate: Anyone that wants to. Come join the fun.[/li][/ul]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=290156#290156"]Here is a link to last year’s party.[/url]

So, who all plans to come up for the party?[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Count on me being there Old Coot, and most likely my son also. We missed out on last year, but we are good to go this year.

AFDan52
[signature]
Darn, just like last year missed it by one day. Falls on my last midnight shift.[Sad] Oh well maybe next year. Good luck finding a place to park. It really sucks this year. Good luck to all and have fun.

Bodine
[signature]
I will be there and bring your favorite cheese along with some salami slices again.

I will be there Thursday night and plan to stay all the way till the 25th. My last long vacation of the year.
[signature]
We too will be there again cant wait it will be a lot of fun!!!!!!M.H.
[signature]
I didnt realize it required a boat.. i thought it was an ice fishing excursion... since I wont have boat till next spring, I am probably out...
[signature]
I am planning on coming up.
[signature]
ill be there if i can find a ride[Wink]
[signature]
Providing djremo doesn't winterise his boat before then both of us will try and make it. Maybe even petty if he agrees to drive while we fish.[angelic]
[signature]
Is that a "HINT"[Wink]
[signature]
Sounds like fun....Can I still say I'm fishing for bass[Wink]????

[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Bassrods, if there are any bass in Bear Lake, I'm sure you'll find them. Bring one to my boat and I'll BBQ it for all to taste. [Tongue][Tongue][/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
If trout is not your thing there are some nice perch and whitefish.
[signature]
And plenty of carp to boot!
[signature]
I have not fished up there and only drove by once back in the 70's, but if I can make it up there it should be great fishing and lots of fun....

And no you can't eat my pets.....

[signature]
How long has the perch ben in there???? And how big are they???

[signature]
Long time

see attached
[signature]
I caught this one last year ice fishing the rock pile.
[inline "Bear Lake-Huge perch 013s.JPG"]
That cutt is 18" long!
[inline "Bear Lake-Huge perch 011s.JPG"]
[signature]
Very nice perch .....Thanks for the INFO....

[signature]
Bump!!!! I thought I would bring this to the top again its less then 2 weeks away!!! Ya hoo!!!! M.H.
[signature]