Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Times a Charm
[font "Times New Roman"]After 2 failed attempts due to bad weather, Mike Porter and his 2 sons were finally able to go offshore with me . We left out of Port Canaveral at 7AM,just ahead of most of the Saturday morning boat traffic. A quick run down the beach failed to yeld any pogies for our kingfish trip. We did have ½ dozen ribbon fish and some dead Spanish sardines just in case we didn’t find any live bait offshore.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] We caught our first kingfish on a dead sardine, on the south end of Pelican Flats, with a black and red duster in front of it for a little flash. We managed to catch only one on a ribbon fish, and the rest on dead and live baits that were sabiki’d up on the edge of the ledge.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] After making the last drop for some bait, we saw a large leather back turtle with a couple of cobia hanging with it . After several failed attempts to get the cobia to eat a jig, I tossd a live pin fish in front of it and passed the rod of to Mike son.A few minutes later he landed his first cobia ,a 20lb’er.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]So, we had our limit of kings and 1 cobia to boot and decided it was time to make the 24 mile trip back to the port. It was the best weather I’ve had offshore in a while and hope there are more good days ahead . The water temperature on the way back in was up to 74f. Now, if the color will only improve, the action should really heat up too! [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] C Ya, Capt Bob[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][Image: Porter_boys_with_fish.JPG][/font]
[signature]
I can't say i have ever eaten a cobia or a king fish, are they good eatin?

Great pic
[signature]