Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shimano BeastMaster AX 2.10m, 10-30gr
Hello everybody!Can you help me with some advice or opinions about this rod from Shimano(BeastMaster 2.10m, 10-30gr), I want to pair it wit my Shimano Technium 2500 FA reel and I want to know the public opinion(not the technical specs from shimano) such as destination species(freshwater), lures... If there's somebody who uses it and has info about it I would appreciate[Smile]
Thank you!
[signature]
Tubn2 will be back with you on this just as soon as the fires let up....
[signature]
Hi and welcome to the BigFishTackle message boards.

The rod in question is one of the most perfect mathes on the market for the weight class in which you are wishing to fish.

What species are you planning on targeting and what body of water?? I may be able to give you some good recommendations there too.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for your answer.
I had in mind trout(on mountain lakes and medium rivers), perch(on lake), chub and ocasionally pike[Smile]., using spoons, woblers and spinners.On my Shimano Technium reel i have 8 lbs. line. Can you tell me if it makes a good combo with my Technium(2500 FA) in terms of weight?Before, I had a Ron Thompson Arrezo 2.40m, 15-40gr. and it didn't felt comfortable with my Technium, the rod seamed to heavy for this reel(and rigid) so I searched something lighter to fit it.
[signature]
Now that we know the species, we can work from there.

For your trout and panfish, 8lb line would be too big. I would get a separate setup for the them and keep it to no more than 4lb line. The 1000FA would be good for that.

The 2500FA is really only good for up to 6lb line. You could have undesireable results with the 8lb line on it.

If you use the previous rod with a 4000AF, then you would have a better pike setup while using your existing rod with the 1000AF for the Trout and Panfish.[cool]
[signature]