Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo River
The weather was beautiful today and so was the fishing on the Provo... a buddy and I headed the canyon for some flyfishing today... I am teaching him how to fish and we have been to the middle provo below jordanelle and the weber and he hasnt had any luck up to this point, even though I have been killing them...

so I took him to the lower provo today, to a place that i call "crowded corner".. it is the corner just about the sundance turnoff, with the recently created parking spot....

the air temperature was 74 when we got there at 1300 hours... we started fishing fishing with nymphs and within the first five minutes I had three fish... I then put my pole away and started paying a little more attention to my buddy... after a few minutes of showing him how to get a "drag free drift" he got it and started catching fish...

for the next three hours I caught more than 25 fish with another 10 or so that were long line released... my buddy caught five fish with another ten or so long line released... it was an excellent day of fishing on the Provo...
[signature]
Among fly fisherman it might be considered a blunder to call your fly rod a "pole". For some, certain things need to be kept sacred [Wink] Glad you got into some fish.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day! Always fun to help a newbee into some fish, they get hooked it is like crack. That section always fishes well for me as well if you don't trip over your neighbor!
[signature]
Yeah, no doubt. Your beloved Z-Axis that we have heard all about difinitely is NOT a pole. Call it a rocket if you want. Just not a pole.

Good on ya slaying them. All over 20"??
[signature]
Nice job, hopefully tomorrow will be as productive.[Wink]
[signature]