Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Resizing Tool
[font "Calibri"][size 3]I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place. But I wanted to put it somewhere people would see it.

[/size][/font][font "Calibri"][size 3]Attached below (BFTImageResizerSetup.msi) is a simple program I wrote to resize images appropriately for posts and avatars. It is not fancy; it is not for those who already know to crop, resize, adjust color, etc. If you are running a PC with Windows, it simply allows you to right-click on a picture and resize it.

[/size][/font][font "Calibri"][size 3]After it has been downloaded and installed, “right-click” on a picture in Windows Explorer or on your Desktop and you will see an option called “Resize Image for BFT” in the context menu that pops-up.
[inline RightClick.jpg][/size][/font][font "Calibri"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[font "Calibri"][size 3]Click on it and it will let you choose between creating an image 400 pixels wide (for a post) or 150 pixels wide (for an avatar).
[inline SelectSize.jpg] [/size][/font]
[font "Calibri"][size 3]After picking one of the options, it will create a copy of the image sized appropriately.
[inline NewImage.jpg]

[/size][/font][font "Calibri"][size 3]In order for the program to run you must have the .NET Framework installed on your PC. If you are running Vista you already have it. If you are running Windows XP and are regularly installing the updates from Microsoft, then you probably have it. If you don’t know if you have it, try installing the program. If you don’t have it, it will tell you were to get it.

[/size][/font][font "Calibri"][size 3]If you find something that should be changed or added, let me know.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for posting the resizing tool SF, I'll have to give it a try in the morning and see how it works. WH2
[signature]
its works and no virus ... just a simple image resize code...

some people don't even know how to make their camera images smaller ..

this little proggie does it fast.

if your not computer savvy get this tool.

its nice.
[signature]
This is great!!!! You should market this even for a few bucks. Thank you for creating it for us on Big Fish Tackle, though.
[signature]
Hi, I hate to sound dense, but I can not get any of the suggested programs, or Swedfish's program, to resize my photos to a small enough size. Picassa, Paint and Irfanview all resize photos, but it seems the smallest size I can produce is still in the 50KB range - too big for BFT. Swedfish's program does not run on my PC (I'm using Windows Home Version). I successfully downloaded it, but when I right-click on a photo that option does not appear. Looking for help. Thanks.
[signature]
What are you doing with these pics? Are they just to post on the site or are they for your advatar?
[signature]
Hello SweedishFish,
That was awesome of you to do!!! Thank you!

If its ok with you I am going to get in touch with our developers to approve the application (just to follow protocal Smile but if they say o.k. and your o.k. with it, we would love to add it to the forums menu and have a page were users can downlaod it with a how-to like this post.

There are a few ways to post/resize pics on this forum but this looks like the easiest!

THANK YOU AGAIN AND GREAT STUFF!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
This is a great item. I have used it many times to make my images smaller so as to get them to fit the required dimensions.
[signature]
This one is my favorite. He did a great job.
Integrates with Windows so a right-click on a pic gives you options to resize. BUT it also doesn't distort the way the standalone app I've used does.

I think our size limitations have increased from 'back when'.

BUT - with Windows-7 the MS_Paint has grown quite a bit. Easy enough to resize a pic. Or crop.

But the integration and simplicity of this tool are a plus for me. I use it beyond BFT for posting pix. No problems to report.