Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer hunt '07
Nothing to brag about except having a great time away from everything. I bagged this little buck opening morning, eh, opening safe light is more like it. I could hear wheelers buzzing up the mountain and figured the deer would scatter so I had my crosshair on this little guy at a guesstimated 250 yards knowing I was going to take the shot and the next thing I knew KABOOM! I meant to slowly squeeze the trigger but it still surpised me. 3 other 2 points scattered never to be seen again and I didn't know if I got it. I walked down the through the brush and there he was. The longest shot I've taken and to be honest, the best conditions I've ever had to take a shot. No wind, light clothing, no beating heartbeat, no hard breathing from hiking. I walked about 50 yards off the dirt road and was using my scope to glass the tree line, the rest is is history, gonna make some good jerky. I used my late Grandfathers' 1966 Remington 30.06 pump action, the same gun I used for my elk last Jan. Everytime I use it makes me miss him.
[inline Deerhunt07Saturday.jpg]
[inline deerhunt07sunday.jpg]
[inline Deerhunt07Sundayafternoon.jpg]
[signature]
Very Nice John

Going up for the day in the Morning with CHad
[signature]
Congrats on baggin' some game. Looks kinda cold though.
[signature]
Thats a great buck congrats, looks like you had fun. And I know were your coming from with the grandpa thing.
[signature]
Good job!!!
He should be very good eating!
[signature]