Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New station and vise have arrived...
... I have been remiss in reporting this but now I am catching up...

.. this past Thursday my work closed at about 10:30 am due to health conditions resulting from the CA fires.. so I got home early...

.. I was busy doing minor stuff around the house when my wife told me that a big box had just arrived for me.. I was like a little kid in a toy store.. I knew the box had my fly tying station from my sis FG.. and sure enough.. there it was..

.. after I umpacked the station and was sitting in my chair looking at it I noticed a UPS truck pull up outside the house.. and sure enough.. it was the delivery of my new vise..

... now how great is that .. I get my new tying equipment on the same day.. and on top of that FG included some fly tying material with the station.. it is a bag of feathers and hackle and I dont know what else.. I am sure she will let me know..

.. needless to say I spent the rest of the day setting up the station and vise on my tying table... and I have to say it looks like it has always been there.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]That is great to hear Mac. Now lets see pictures of the flies you just made. Or here is a stone fly to model for you. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30510;][/center]
[signature]
[sly] ..... now how did I know that you would be the one to provide me a model ... [sly] I have a feeling it may be a bit before I can tackle one of these guys.. I may not tie well yet.. but at least my station looks good.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Have fun tying my friend. What ever you tie and no matter how it turns out somewhere, some place there is a fishy that will like it.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
... thats what I used to say but then Im tying now. so I now have that "concern" of whether the fishy will like the looks of my work.. [Smile] ... but on the other hand what you say does make a lot of sense.. now all I have to do is find that fishy.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Now remember one thing the bottom of the fly is what those crafty little devils see. Seldom do you see a fish that will stand on it's tail to gather a look at the whole fly. Well unless it is a flying fish. Just thought that I would throw in the latter before TN2 hits this board. LOL BTW did you get a pedestal or clamp on vise?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I got a clamp vise and that was perfect with the station that FG sent me.. but.. if I do decide to use a base this vise will work with the base from my starter vise set... guess I was lucky all the way around..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
here are a few pictures of the setup I have for now.. never know how it may or may not change..

Enjoy !!!! [Smile]

[Image: FlyTable002resized.jpg]

[Image: FlyTable003resized.jpg]

[Image: FlyTable004resized.jpg]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey, that is not a REAL fly tying station. It is a commercial.

A real fly tying station has feathers, hooks, fur, thread, pieces of paper and/or a computer monitor covering everything up.

You still got a lot of work to go still.

I am just jealous.
[signature]
...hey now.. I did say as a start.. [sly]... now you know I am not that neat.. I am just trying to make the pictures look good plus show off the station that I got from my sis FG.. [Smile]

... btw.. those scissors in the lower right of the second picture are similar in idea to the ones you showed me before.. if you are interested I found those at Walmart.. but have found that not all Walmarts carry them.. you would think they would at least be consistant within a store chain.. [mad]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Looks really nice there Mac. How about a picture once you start tying flies & no fair to clean up first. BTW good luck tying.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
.... if I dont clean it up it will look like a mess.. [sly] ...hopefully it wont be too messy.. that is what that bowl if for... as for flies.. this last week was crazy as you all know.. hopefully this week will settle a bit and Ill start tying.. you all will get to see my "fly tying talent" once the flies from the swap arrive..

..thank you for the good wishes.. Ill need all the luck I can get.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Looks GREAT! Didi you do some modifing to the station?
[signature]
I did place a tray for hooks and beads and what not on it and also got a square wooden bowl to use as a trash bin .. .but neither of those are permanent yet.. but I did place them to show them in the pics.. I saw and am not concerned over that spindle thingy you mentioned before..

...other than that sis it is exactly as you sent it to me.. with the new vise of course.. [angelic]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]