Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass at last
Well we hit the Nell this morning air temps was 20 at 7:30 and water was 51....

We hit the first spot and by 8:00 had boated 11 bass from 11" to 17", the fishing was great and lots of fish for the first hour then things slowed down....

All the bass came out of 20'+ of water on drop shots MOJO of course[Wink] ...

We had to use the graph to find the fish then drop down and set the hook, we ended the day with 26 fish 4 was trout the rest way bass headed home at 1:30....

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30530;]
[signature]
Nice late season smallies Cliff, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Cliff, now that is a hog!
[signature]
[Image: nowthatsafish.gif]

Wow! Nice fish. Some day I have to get up there.
[signature]
Jordanelle is a very good lake for smallies, but without the regs on it that we have now it would not be worth fishing....

We had one other lake that was or could have ben better then the Nell but it has been fished all but out of the bigger smallies it still has lots of small ones but most if not all the bigger ones is gone....
[signature]
It's a shame that so many folks in the West are so short sighted when it comes to trophy fisheries of all kind, especially bass fisheries for some reason. At least you get some protection from the regs.
[signature]
Nice report Cliff!
That other Lake you mention recieved way too much publicity way too fast. We can only Blame ourselves for it's short lived fame!
If you don't have the slot limits then you won't ever have the Trophy fish Period!!
[signature]
great report and pictures. thanks for sharing Cliff. [cool]
[signature]
Your right their, but it is a shame we have to have slot limits....
[signature]
This makes me laugh. I think Maniac's point was you can't pound fish after fish and post about it on a public forum. Then complain about the fishing pressure, slot limits, and lack of fish.

The truth of the matter is probably this; the angler happen to hit the lake at a peak time when the fish were active in the zone the angler likes to fish. The fish made their seasonal move, like they always do, and the angler can't find them OR do to the fishing pressure the fish have become wise to that particular bait and just won't respond.

To fish the same spot, time after time, with the same bait, and making the assumption that the evil meat-hunters must have stolen all the trophy bass doesn't make sense. Outside the pre-spawn you can't play the numbers game and the trophy game at the same time. The fish are still there. The angler just needs to change his mindset and fishing tactics.......
[signature]
Thanks for ALL your helpful posts on fishing.....
[signature]
Hey bassrods...
I went out last week for just a couple of hours one evening and had great success as well for the smallies at Jordanelle. Water temp was 51 then as well and I also caught all my fish in 20+ft of water. While I did catch quite a few on the drop-shot, I also managed to get just as many on a worm on a jighead as well as even a hair jig. It was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get out there again sometime this week, but school is kicking my butt right now.
[signature]
That is the depth I found them at last year when they was in there winter hunts, The hardest thing in fishing this time of year is finding them....
[signature]
The Smallies have been sitting in 20 feet of water since april. Some will play and some won't, its just finding there hangouts. Look for the warmest water or where the sun shines the most. Its not rocket scientist stuff up there. just be flexible. Learn to fish off shore

[signature]