Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Transducer ?
[font "High Tower Text"][black][size 3][unimpressed][#800080] I'm woundering if there is any one that could tell me if you can mount 2 (Two) Transducers on the Transom (rear of boat) and NOT get any interference from one to the other.[/#800080][/size][/black][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 3][crazy]Let me explane--I Have one (fishfinder / GPS) on the dash of the boat, I have another fishfinder (no GPS-just finder), I want to mount the other smaller unit up front for the passengers, how ever I would like to put the transducers on the rear of the boat about 2-3 feet away from each other, (So I could put the boat on the traller without damage to the transducers) these are two separate units sending two separate signals, will one unit cause interference with the other, when both are working at the same time?[sly][/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 3]Many Thanks to you all, for the out standing knowledge you have, after all I'm learning, and soon will pass on my knowledge to others.[Wink][/size][/#800080][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I have attached pics of how I mounted two transducers on my boat. I have used several makes and models on these mounts, and they have worked out very well. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Just be sure that when you mount them, that you have the boat loaded on the trailer to avoid any conflict or interference with the trailer/rollers.[/size]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3][/size]
[signature]
My big boat has 2. It has an indash Lowrance depth-only finder operating at 189mhz and the new Lowrance fish finder/GPS operating at 200mhz.

When I called and asked Lowrance this same question, they said that as long as the units installed are not operating on the same frequencies, you won't get interference with each other. In my case, I was safe as one is 189 and one is 200.

You need to see what frequencies they both operate at. If they are the same, you will have to only have one on at a time, otherwise you will get feedback.

Hope this helps.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Most companies (I know Lowrance and Humminbird) sell a splitter that allows two depth finders to work off the same transducer, that is what you will need if the 2 sounders are the same frequencies.
[signature]