Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyote hunting
I got permission to hunt 3 farms for coyotes this fall , anyone else going out ?
[signature]
Coyote? In Michigan? Where do you live man?

I must lead a sheltered life. Is there any living animal or fish you don't hunt down, track and kill?

I"m more of a fisherman (or try to be) than a hunter. Mainly just hunt during the main firearm deer hunting season.
[signature]
Gladwin now , but have seen plenty of yotes down near southern detroit , heck , I hit one right on the freeway by the old tiger stadium .
S.W. Detroit has the biggest pheasents you can find in the feilds around the abandoned factories .
Bow fishing for carp near the lake erie metro park (great spot for coon hunting too ), walleye in the trenton channel , goose hunting at point moulet , Grouse hunting around here and alpena , pike fishing in every lake I can find , fly rodding any brook or stream that I stumble across . Bear when I pull a permit just down the street but I do want to try across the big mac next time .
Sometimes I just grab a compass and head out into the woods for a walk in the woods .
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Recently a couple of coyotes were seen in Central Park NY. I believe that they inhabit ever state although I am not so sure about Hawaii. We have loads of them here in SoCal. Just about ever day one can be seen running up my street. We don't mind them be around for they take care of the jack rabbits. Those suckers will destroy one's lawn like a herd of sheep. BTW the cat lovers hate them [the coyotes]. Don't see too many cats running loose are here.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I am in the middle of detroit and pontiac, nothing but burb 50 mile in every direction of me and not only do we have whyelies we got mountain lions to boot... one was spotted on haggerty road and 14 mile, right by the meijer store...

I got whyelies right behind my house along with wild turkies too...

so much burb in my area the animals got no where to live sept in our front and back yards...
[signature]
Not too many huntable farm left , are there ?
[signature]
I drive all over the state for my job. From Traverse City to Detroit to Chicago. I've never seen a Coyote in my travels. Then this little discussion comes up and I'm like.... huh? really? Coyotes?

Then ...... you guessed it.... I see two today. By the looks of it the they were making a little meal out of a recently hit deer on the side of the highway. Couldn't believe it.

I was in a pretty rual area between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo on US-131.
[signature]
yep, yep, yep, they do a fine job of cleaning our hiways and rual streets of fresh carin, but their favorite is house cat, but they do a fair job on the water fowl during the molting season...

Lots of house cats all over the state, that is why the come back is so good for the cyote... we get news reports on the tv half a dozen times a year with footage of mountain lions and cyote in side city limits of detroit....
[signature]
I'll put the trail cam on a den this weekend , get you some pics [Smile] .
[signature]