Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 or 5"?
when fishing for big smallmouth, do you prefer using 4" or 5" senkos?? i've only used 4 but i hear a lot of people about having success with 5". thanks for the help
[signature]
Both sizes will work well. The Bass just see it as a slightly bigger morsel to chomp on.

What colors are you using right now?[cool]
[signature]
I use 5" most of the time. But sometimes they want the smaller sizes.
[signature]
i havn't been able to get out for the last 3 months because of football and a broken wrist and thumb. but i'm going up a couple times this weekend and i'll probably use brown, orange, yellow, any color really until i find what they are hitting. thanks for the help though. i'll start trying the 5"
[signature]
Have you ever tried the Maniac Salt Sticks before? I have done much better on them than Senkos.
[signature]
There is no "one size is best". Sometimes bigger is better and sometimes finesse is best. It depends on a wide range of factors. But if they aren't taking big, try small and vice-verse.
The rule of thumb though, it that larger bass (particularly LMB) will generally go for larger morsels than smaller ones. It means more food for less energy spent feeding.

-ABT
[signature]
I use four and five inch Maniac salt sticks and pro-sink sticks, Some times 3", it depends on what the fish want that day.
James
[signature]
i have several packs of the 4 inch salt sticks but i've never seen a 5 inch version. i have only used 4 for smallmouth but i'm gonna try 5 for the rest of the year because hopefully the fish will eat a big worm trying to save energy for the winter.
[signature]

[signature]
Sometimes they just won't take a bigger bait. But, when they do I find that the notion of "the bigger the bait, the bigger the fish" really holds true.
[signature]