Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT SITE TUTORIAL
[cool]We have a couple of newbies who have experienced minor problems working their way into the family and then making sure they are properly logged in. Heck, even lonehunter, who likes to make occasional "bombing runs" on our board has been known to post without properly logging in.

I still have to double check sometimes, to make sure I am posting under TubeDude and not Guest. I do frequent cleanups on my computer cache files and cookies. Whenever I do that, I have to log back into BFT and any other site that requires a password and puts cookies on your computer to help recognize you so you don't have to log in every time.

If you primarily access BFT from one computer, and you have properly logged in at one time...without cleaning off the "cookies"...you can simply post a new message, a response or send or receive Private Messages without having to enter your password each time. But, if you have more than one "stage name", you will have to log out and log back in to be able to post under the second name.

In your situation, tuort, you originally signed in as "jigme". However, I can't find that name registered. You may not have properly registered it. If you would rather have that as your regular identity on the BFT boards, you need to bail out of "tuort", clean off the cookies for that name on your computer and reregister as "jigme". Just so there is no confusion, here's how you do it...step by step. (You might wanna print this and follow it. As soon as you start going through the steps, you may lose BFT)

1. At the very top of this page...or any internet page...you will see a line of options that includes "File Edit View Favorites Tools Help." Left click on Tools.

2. There will be a drop-down menu. Click on "Internet Options" at the bottom.

3. There are several tabs at the top of the menu, but you should be in the first one..."General". In the middle of this mini-page is a button for "Delete Cookies". Click on "OK" and you are de-cookied...from BFT and any other sites. (You might want to click on "Delete Files" while you are at it. This cleans out all of the cached files from various internet sites you have visited. Unless you like to save things, this is a good thing to do periodically, to free up some space on the hard drive.)

4. Drop down to the bottom of the mini-page and click "OK" to finish this part of the operation. You will return to your web page.

5. If you are doing this from BFT, you will have to back out of BFT and bring it back up to complete the removal of your name from the login.

6. When you bring BFT back up, you will note that there is no button for Private Messages. This means that you are not logged in. If you were recognized as a registered member, the PM button would be displayed, advising you as to whether you had any messages or not.

7. To log in, with a registered name and password...or to register for the first time...click on the "HOME" button at the upper left corner of any BFT page. There are fields to fill in your name and your password. If you are not registered, or if you want to register a new name, click on the arrow for New Registration...and follow the prompts.

All this sounds complicated. It is, if you are still struggling trying to learn basic computerology...or if you have been hanging out on another site that does not monitor and police the posting. Believe me, the system at BFT works better...to insure that we keep things light, friendly and helpful. Several of us on this forum have had experience with a site in Utah that was totally out of control and it collapsed from within as all the knowledgeable anglers bailed out to come over to BFT.

So, if anyone is kinda hanging around and reading our stuff, without registering, take the plunge and get registered. There is no flaming or personal attacks on this board, and the regulars are typically knowledgeable and helpful. Our philosophy is that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask...as long as you don't ask the same dumb question more than three times the same day (kidding).

Once you get aboard, take advantage of the Private Message system and check out the free website service. It is a great way to upload your pics to a website so that you can post them for others to see. We love that around here. And, don't worry about just putting up world records. Our focus is on the enjoyment of our sport...not seeing who can outdo everyone else. But, braggin' is tolerated. As my old friend "Dandy Don" Meredith used to say: "If you can do it, it ain't braggin'."
[signature]
[Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]ahaha ok i admit i did have problems but there was tubedude to help me out. so if anyone does have any problems just ask. we're all a family now like tubedude says! ahah ok dont be shy we all fish and float ahaha[laugh][laugh][/size][/font]
[signature]