Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different types of boat winches?
Does anyone have a boat winch that has a two gear settings? I know that some of the bigger boats have something like a low range that can crank those bigger boats up the trailer, even if it is not backed all the way in the water. Has any one out there ever bought this type of winch or did they come on your boat? I'm trying to find a place to buy one, thanks. WH2
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey WH2,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Here's a link to one of those 2 speed winches. [/size][/black][url "http://www.boatersworld.com/product/367430741.htm"][black][size 3]LINK[/size][/black][/url][black][size 3] .[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]There is a Boaters World in SLC on State Street in South Salt Lake.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Thanks for the link and info FH, how all I have to do is find some money to buy it[Wink].
[signature]
Has anyone ever seen a used winch like this on Ebay or any where else for that matter?
[signature]
[black][size 3]Unless you have a specific purpose for getting a two speed winch, I'd stay away from them.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]On two different occasions, I've seen "heavy duty winches" pull the bow eye right out of the boat. In any case, I don't think that it would be wise to apply more pressure than the bow eye is stressed for.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
I've had at least three occasions where I could not float my boat enough to get it on my trailer. I have a tilt trailer so launching is not a problem but getting it back on is. I've been able to get the boat back on with a lot of effort and even then, not all the way to the stop. Thanks for the info though, when I get the winch I'll be careful. WH2
[signature]