Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout & Spots
Was down for a fishing trip and had a little luck around the 20 and 23rd. Got some nice size trout and then hit the Spring Mad to get some spots and had good luck around the 28 or 29th. My wife and I got 17 trout and 100 spot. A 5gal. bucket will hold 100 spot with no water. The trout where nice size and fat. Some where around 4lb. range. I know I got two a good 5lb. I got a few pic. Hooked more blue then I care to count. Did get one flounder and some whiteing. The wind was real bad a few days hitting about 30 mph but I was there to fish and fish I did. I used live shrimp for the trout and blood worm on the spots.
[signature]
thanks for the report and the way too cool photos...

oh ya, love the phycodelic shades...[cool]
[signature]
nice trout was that pawleys island in the background? what do trout like best?
[signature]
Awesome catch bro!
[signature]
I would use live shrimp. Float it about 5ft. down. Net the shrimp on the south bridge and fish the north end during low tide and when tide starts comeing in. Fish it at the end of the rocks throw your float just to the middle , let the current do the rest. I used 8lb line and a treble hook. My leader about 2ft. I'm sure some of you have done this. Its fun and kinda like fishing on a pond as a kid.
[signature]