Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help from the pro's
This spring I bought a 16ft aluminum boat and a 6hp nissan outboard. I have had an I/O before and I know that you had to drain the water to winterize it. Am I correct in thinking you do not have to do the same for and outboard motor? Anything I need to do to the boat as it sits through the winter? Thanks!
[signature]
On my outboard kicker when I pull out of the water during the winter months I just start it for a few seconds to get the water out of the impeller so next time i go its not frozen.But I use mine untill bear lake is frozen. If your not going to use it i would just pull the rope a few times and call it good! M.H.
[signature]
I'm sure your 6 hp. has a separate gas task but the motor should be either ran until the carb is empty or/and fuel stablizer added to your tank and run your motor until the gas has been run out or the stablized gas has been sucked in....

People have differening viewpoints - either running your carb dry or just running stable fuel to the carb. - your choice...
[signature]
Outboards are self draining for the coolant system. Like previously mentioned, run the carb dry or some stabilized fuel through it.
[signature]
Well I am pulling it out of hibernation tommorrow in prep for a soft water trip this weekend. We will see if she starts!
[signature]
It started on the second pull!
[signature]