Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lure question
Hi! In surf fishing, can I leave the lure at the bottom and wait for a bite, or do I have to be casting each time I pull the lure. I was thinking about using the lure like live bait, using a pyramid sinker and a 12ยจ line on top atached to the main line with the lure. Or what do you reccomend? thank you.
[signature]
The lure was made to imitate a particular bait fish. It should always be moveing even at different speeds.

If you are just going to try for bottom fish, then you can pin on some bait and let the lure stay at the bottom. In that case you are not using the lure as a "Lure" but as a weighted hook.

Please keep the questions coming if you have more. We are all here ot help each other.[cool]
[signature]
i love using lures but as tuben2 said they shouldn't be put on the bottom with sinker an used as bait. i enjoy plugging the local beaches and the lures are made to be moving in the water, and if you put enough time in you should be able to cacth some fish
[signature]
leaving lures on the bottom is targeting bottom feeders,

in fresh water you have carp that will suck up just about every thing if you leave it there, bass might once in a while pick up someting off the bottom if they saw it moving, there are suckers that might accidently lay down on one,

I have to agree with the other guys, if you are going to leave a lure on the bottom, you need to place an offering on it... Tube lures are exclent for placing stink gels in to them.

a peice of worm, or shrimp or bait fish will suffice, but still again, you are targeting bottom feeders...
[signature]
Thank you a lot. That is very helpful
[signature]