Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Sat - also Restrooms Issue
Went fishing with my friend Don today. We started early in the am and fished until about 4pm or so. We had a scratch bite most of the day, but ended up with about 35+ trout, all cutts. The largest was 4 lbs, with 2 others possibly over the slot, but they were released. Fish were caught all over: Bryant's fork, Chicken Crk West, Mud Creek, anywhere from the surface to 40 feet. We fished mostly needlefish, coyote spoons, serpent spoons, murphy's spoons and krocs in orange, chartreuse, pearl, and glo color schemes. It was definitely a nice day to be out!

On a sour note....
What is up with ALL of the restrooms at this lake being closed up? I can understand they need to be closed up for winterizing. But why is the one at the ramp closed (the store is open after all)? Why is there no portables available? One would think that areas with pit toilets would also be open. I find this despicable and disgusting, esp. with this lake being a high-use, year-round recreational destination for so many people. How do the powers that be expect this place to remain sanitary? It's gonna get SICK if they don't put some portolets in up there soon!
[signature]
Amen brother! I was up there last weekend and they were locked. The doors being locked unfortunately came with a discussion on the boat about 'hanging off the edge'...not a pretty picture!
[signature]
No doubt. "Hanging over the edge" is not something I want to be a part of.

If they don't fix that, people will start to catch the rare and elusive "corn-eyed browns" that have been released by anglers without any other option but to release them. They don't grow to be that big, but I've seen a few get up to 9-10".

Nate
[signature]
That was the conversation I was talking about! LMAO!!!
[signature]
That is bad. Usually the restroom by the main marina is open all winter long.
[signature]
Sounds like the fishermen/women that use the Berry will soon be putting up a stink....
[signature]
We were up on the 4th. When we got there the mens was locked with a sign that said, use the one inside the lodge. How ever the womans was open ( I thought about it) But when we came about 5, they both were open.
[signature]
Heh, heh...he said "rectumfy."

Porta potties aren't great but if they're your only option!
Someone would probably object if you wrote your name in yellow snow and the next thing you'd be in the slammer for lewdness. Not worth it in my book.

"When you get older and the prostate gets bigger, time gets shorter."
[signature]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4][Sad]Bummer on the restroom (pun here) , as a thought to you all, I have a 14 feet Vulcor and I put a port-a-potty in the boat,with a sealable lid and know one knows im using it becouse it is below the side of the boat, and my wife loves it,[shocked] becouse we do not need to come in to shore when she needs to go. empty the contents when home or at a gas station, works for me, then I can fish anywere any time[Tongue][/size][/#800080][/font]
[signature]
Lol, sick!!! Ewwww, you can fish or legally scoop those 10 inch browns off the ice all you want, but I'm keep my distance to save my nose and my lunch.[Wink]
[signature]
oh , one other thing, sorry can't resist......hahaha. When the berry ices up you can drill a couple of extra holes to serve as temporary porta-potties. Place your tent over them and you got a literal portable . Then next year they will have to treat the Berry with a major dose of super chlorine to be safe for the public to recreate.[cool]
[signature]