Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake report 11/10/07
Reelfast, wiperslayer and I fished BL today from 7:30am to 4pm. Water temp was 49*, fishing was slow for the most part. We did catch a few including this 8 lb mack.
[inline dansmack(1).JPG]
It was another nice day on the big blue pond, at least until the wind came up around noon. We saw 5 or 6 other boats on the lake but we did not see any other fish caught. Did anyone else make it up to Bear lake today? WH2
[signature]

We trolled mostley by the rock pile from 8 til it got really windy--- We caught two fish-- The first fish wore my uncle out, he got it in close to the boat twice but it ran straight down. So we are thinking we have a monster laker right?? Nope, It was a huge carp [Sad]. So that was weird, it was hooked right in the lips with a jointed rainbow trout -colored rapala. I don't know if thats common, but I didn't know carp went after stuff like that. So anyway we did end up getting a laker. About five pounder, really ugly fish, huge head with not so big body and scars on its face with skin hanging off. (Poor little guy) Sorry, no pics, didnt take a camera.
Have caught many Carp on Rapala's at the Colorado River fishing for Stripped Bass. Also we thought they were big Strippers.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Thanks for the report there Curt. Did you catch the mack trolling or jigging?
[signature]
Thanks for repling to my Post Cmack and welcome to the BFT Utah. Yea we have also caught carp while trolling, it doesn't happen very often and it sure makes you think you have a good fish on, those big ones can give you a good fight. I think we saw you guys reeling that fish in, were you and your uncle in a fiberglass boat? We watched him reeling in a fish, it was taking him a long time and we thought it was going to be a big fish. The guy with the net was standing there waiting, when the fish got to the top we saw him put the net down instead of netting the fish and we thought the fish was lost at the boat. We were the three guys in this boat.
[inline Dansboat.jpg]
At least you guys caught one mack while trolling, when the wind started up we tried trolling but had no luck. WH2
[signature]
We caught it jigging, we can't seem to catch a fish while trolling. I hope the weather is good for this coming weekend, it is looking good so far, as long as the wind doesn't get too bad. Here is picture of another mack that was caught earlier in the week.
[inline Iras15lbmack.jpg]
[signature]
Nice report Curt im glad to see you guys get out and catch a couple. hope the weather is nice next week for the get together!!! M.H.
[signature]
Yup, that was us, I put the net down when I saw the carp. I just un- hooked him in the water.

I always wonder how the other guys did out there fishing, and its cool to actually find out. I dont get up to Bear Lake too often ,but I love it up there. My uncle lives in Garden city and welcomes us up any time.

thanks,

-cmack
Yes,it sure would be nice to have a place to live around Bear lake, I hear the hunting isn't too bad up there either. I don't fish BL much during the spring and summer but love to get up there in the fall and winter.
[signature]
Wiperhunter seeing your boat, wow very nice... Is it the maxum?

I am looking for a boat like that, mid engine jet drive, what model and make is it? Petersons used to sell those like that but I can not find a dealer around here, I have been looking at the duckworths.
[signature]
Big "strippers" will defenitely wear ya out... [Tongue]
[signature]
Its actually my ride. Thunder Jet Alexis Classic. Bobs Intermountain RV in Pocatello sells them. My wife wanted a fishing boat. I wanted one to so insteat of getting two we got one. Been happy ever after[cool]. The jet boat market is fast growing. There is no such thing as a bad one. www. westernwhitewater.org has a forum with a ton of info. Links to manufacturers. There is even a magazine dedicated to the sport. [url "http://www.riverjetmagazine.com"]www.riverjetmagazine.com[/url] A good solid boat is worth having. RF
[signature]
I agree 100% reelfast. I love my custom weld. I bought it at Precision Marine in Idaho falls. Should last me the rest of my life I hope. They don't come cheap.[Wink]

Bodine
[signature]