Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veterans Day Tribute
Lost a couple cousins after their tour of duty( desert storm and guarding the korean border).
Got a lot of nephews and nieces in the service , now my little brother from the second litter has joined up , so I'm definitly pro-vets as you can tell .
For me , vets really do have a place in my sole for them , veitnam vets espically .
I wasn't old enough to join up or worry about the draft , but I did know most of the older guys that did get taken into service in our neighborhood .
The ones that did come back weren't ever the guys that left, and we had alot of those guys in my neighborhood .Back then , some people wouldn't talk to them , some of the guys themselves wouldn't talk to anyone .A couple were home but still fighting the battle in nam .
The rough part for me was doing the paper routes , I had three routes , detroit news , mellus paper , and our cities paper , the ecorse advertiser .
When you did the papers you got to know who had kids in the service by the small banners with a star hanging from their window , a star for each one of their boys , the older kids I knew all to well .
You would see the war on black and white T.V. and what these kids were going threw (kinda ) .
Every delivery day , there on the front page of our hometown paper was the killed in action notices , guys I knew , and I had to deliver those papers to their homes ,the homes that now had black ribbons placed carefully on the little star banners in the windows .It was very humbling to see this as a youngster , and I will never forget it .
Like I said vets have a special place in my sole for them .
God bless them all !
[signature]
Thank you....and your welcome.

Proud to of served
[signature]
[center][cool]"Salloot"[cool][/center]
[signature]