Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good boat mechanics
I've got a family member with a boat, and the motor is kind of older. He's been having problems with it, and the last mechanic didn't really fix the problem with it. Does anyone know good mechanics in Salt Lake or Utah county?
[signature]
Your not going to like where he's at, but everyone will tell you that the best around is Lee's Marine in Hyrum. Thankfully I haven't had to make the trek to see him yet, but there are a bunch of guys that won't let anyone else touch their boat, and they are willing to drag the rig a long way to have him work on it. If (more likely when) I need a mechanic I'll be following suit and takeing the drive up to Logan.
[signature]
Fairway is right, there isn't a better mechanic or will you find one that is as fair as Lee from Lee's marine. Boat mechanics aren't cheap no matter who you go to, so it is important to find one that you can trust. I'm sure some one can recommend one in your area but in my opinion, if you want the best you will make the drive to Hyrum. His number is 435-245-7727 and the address is 363 West 200 North.
[signature]
Red Rock Marine ... Springville.
[signature]
Heber motor sports [cool]
[signature]
I have been taking our boat to Lee's for 3 years and this man is honest and too the point about repairs. Recomend Lee anytime.
[signature]
Do this shop work on older engines? I need my 8hp evinrude looked at. Is this were you take your boat?
[signature]
Yes, he works on all engines.
[signature]
Taking the boat to Heber Motor Sports tomorrow. I also called Red Rock Marine, but they don't work on anything older than about mid 1980's and I have a 1963 Mercury. I have taken the boat to Lee's Marine in Hyrum and would do so again without hesitation; however, I am pleased to find another mechanic who will work on the older outboards that I can reach during an extended lunch hour. On the last few trips it won't start using the starter motor, and it runs the battery down really fast trying to start it. I have been able to start it using the built-in pull rope, and I sure am grateful that it has that nice feature.
[signature]
Kent my neighbors Dad ownes heber motor sports and they have done alot of work on mine they will treat you fare
[signature]