Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Salsa Boyz Report 11-17
This is the official Post for the Salsa boyz reports. please post them hear

I'll let everyone tell there own story but goodtimes where had by all.
[signature]
Thanks Coot for making this a great event once again.

Thanks Ralph, Mike, and Jason for the gifts.

Thanks to all for the awesome feed, I am still full.

One 3 LB cutt to my boat and a bunch of lookers. Slow day for me but that's the norm, still had a blast seeing some new faces and talking with some long time friends.

I am in so much pain right now (back) that I am seriously thinking that I may have to give up the boat and all my gear. I pulled into the marina and crippled my way to the car and trailer. Bearlakefishguy pulled my car out for me (thanks Scott) while I was winching the boat on. I got her all tied up and went back to the trailer a took a bunch of pain pills.
[signature]
Definetely not cold like I thought it was going to be. My first time fishing Bear Lake and could not have had better company. Thanks Petty and Rileyfish for showing me the infamous rockpile. I have a new appreciation for the time and effort put in by mack fishers, let alone the importance of a good sonar for those deep water dwellers. The one I have worked but needed more detail. Thanks guys, there goes another thousand! (B.O.A.T.)
I learned alot today and had some good food mmmmm, elk sausage, clam chowder, and I want to know who smoked the trout....even my boat had some seven layer dip [Tongue]. It was cool seeing Adam from 'Roughing it' with his video camera and interviews. I imagine from what we were wearing that BFT and Shasta Tackle and other sponsers will get some sweet airtime next Saturday night on channel 2 KUTV 'Roughin it' (cheap plug).
Oh! We were fishing also. Rileyfish, being the sportsman that he is, brought a fish up from the depths with a SOLID hookset to release it just under the boat. We appreciate C&R Rileyfish [Wink]. I somehow managed to hook a 6 lb. cutt while leaning back on the front of the boat, I almost lost my balance. We got it to the boat, weighed it, my camera didn't turn on so we quickly released it to survive for another meal. I wish I could have got a pic because the colors seemed so much different than the cutts at the berry.
I let Petty drive my boat today and I sat as a passenger, different view of things for sure. Have you ever seen Petty with the look of 'I LOVE GOING FAST!!!'? There's a pic.
For those of you that have never been to Bear Lake and have heard about the "blue" water", it's no joke. The water is beautiful, I've never seen freshwater so crisp and clean, I'm looking forward to next years Salsa Boyz get together.
[signature]
John, Dude, Your Killin me! That looks just like petty today. ROTFLMAO! Still

Thanks John for a great day. I had A blast. Glad to see everyone. The musky hunters, BLFG, Curt, Ira, Old Coot, DR flynn.

Thanks to the lynches for some KILLER Chili. Man that was some good chow. Everyone contributed for a great feast. I wish the Fish would have wanted to feast a little more, Like John said, I had one up to just under the boat then he said he had enough. He seen
Petty driving fast and headed again for the depths never to be seen again by humans.[Tongue]

Your boat is that much better for that 7 layer dip.

MAn what a day, Lookin forward to Seeing What Adam and the boys from "Roughin Outdoors" put on the air for Next Saturday Night, The 24th is when he said it will air. Thanks Adam, Enjoyd yours and Your Dad's Company today!

Lookin forward to next year!
[signature]
It was good to be on the big blue pond again. We practiced our jigging techniques, but I think my dad was wishing we had brought the trolling gear. All in all it was a good day though. Lots of good company and good food. Thanks to everyone.

Thanks Old Coot for this Picture.
[inline "whaler 13ft SMALL.jpg"]
[signature]
Here are a few pics of some of the boats "rafted up" enjoying lunch. It was a great day on the big blue pond. I was lucky to catch a couple of nice lakers (one about 10lb and 34" and one about 12-13lbs at 36"). I also boated a couple of cutts (one on the new rockpiles north of the marina). As much as I love to jig, I decided to troll and it worked. As I told Adam, "a blind hog finds a acorn every once-in-a-while" and today happened to be my day. I did not get any pics of the fish, but Adam got both of the lakers on video, so you'll have to watch "Roughin' It" next week.
I just wanted to thank everyone out there for the great food, good friendship, and just an excellent day on the lake. I think a good time was had by all. A special thanks to Adam and his dad for "enduring" with us all day.

Fish1On and AF Dan joining the "raft"
[inline DSCF1815.JPG]

Fish4fun05, Adam, Petty, Adam's dad, and Rileyfish joining the "raft"
[inline DSCF1816.JPG]

Dr. Flinn and OlCoot joining the "raft"
[inline DSCF1817.JPG]

Adam interview Dr. Flinn
[inline DSCF1818.JPG]

Fish1On and AFDan shooting the breeze after lunch (Muskyhunter, Wiperhunter in background)
[inline DSCF1819.JPG]
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip. This is one of the few years I have missed, wish I could of made it.

Did anyone else catch anything big besides Fish4Fun05 and BearLakeFishguy?
[signature]
AFDan got into some fish and Dr.Flinn, from what I gathered, had the first fish of the day. I believe he was with oldcoot, they were headed out of the marina as we pulled in. Hardcore fisherman, gotta' love it.
[signature]
Well another great day on the Big Blue Pond, I want to Thank everyone that was involved in setting up our Annual Party. It was good to see all of you again, Some new friends and some old friends.
A big Thanks goes out to Adam Eakle and his Dad for spending the day with us, I know they got some great footage today. There was Plenty of advertising out there today LOL.
Our day was good on the pond , met up with the gang at the Marina and right off the bat had trouble with a weak Battery. After doing some switching around I managed to get her fired up and we were off to the Rock Pile about 7am and fished until around 1:30pm when the W decided to push us off the water for the day.
I managed to Hook and Boat a couple of nice fish today that Adam was quick to Video tape, the first was a nice 28.5 inch 7.5 lb Mack and later there was a nice little Cutthrout that weighed in at 2.11lbs. Water temp was 47 degrees and we were fishing in 59 feet of water, and both were caught jigging on the bottom. We marked a lot of fish on the bottom but not all were interested in the offerings. Anyway a great time for all and we look forward to the next one.

AFDan52
[signature]
It was a nice day out on the pond with all you guys again. No fish in our boat,we missed the few bites we had[unsure]!! But thats Bear Lake fishing. Thanks for all the good eats, I think there was enough food to feed 20 more people!! M.H.

Here is a couple of pics. The first one is Curt,Ira and I think Dan? The next one is Scott trying to convince Pat how big his fish was that he cought[Wink]!! And Coot and the Dr looking at there camera and the last one is a half empty bottle of ketchup "petty pants" with Rileyfish and Fish4fun i think?? Good times on the water thanks again to all!!
[signature]
Thanks for the pic MH. I used to think I was a real good fisherman. Then I got a boat and went to Bear Lake. Thanks for the advice and great company. I hope some day to be good at catching fish at BL. I was just thinking as I viewed the Salza Boyz get togeather pics that it doesn't get better than that. Brovo to the first brave fisherman that tied up togeather to share some lunch and stories. Thanks to Curt and Ira I could't get that big piece of aluminum out there with out their help. The big boat is nice but takes more to get it on the water too.
[signature]
Hey Petty, you might want to run a comb through that hair, just an idea.

Wish I would have made the trip up there with you all. I hunted deer and swans instead, should have gone fishing I think. Too bad you all didn't get into a bunch of fish but it should pick up a bit soon. I probably wont get up there until it freezes (come on baby!!!).
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I wish I could have made it Saturday but after taking a day off on Thursday to fish Strawberry I Couldn’t spend another day away from work so soon. It needs to rain, snow or at least freeze the ground so work will slow down and I can go fishing more. If the weather stays like this I’ll never make it ice fishing.[/size][/font]
[signature]
It was good to get out again with you and Ira, the catching was slow and it was lucky you caught one or we would have smelled the stench of skunk. On the first Salsa Boys get together we caught more fish but the chow was not nearly as good. Old_Coot said we were going to have a light snack but that was more like a 10 course meal[Wink]. We started off with some great home made bread and raspberry jam in the morning, thanks to BearLakeFishGuy. At or near 11:30 Ralph called out for everyone to come together for the "snacks" so the formation started. I was amazed at the amounts and types of food that came out, from several types of sausage, to several types of cheese, clam chowder, chili and much more that I can't remember. I even brought some Salsa from the Flyfishingmoose, he gave it to me before he left for Cal. It was one of the beet salsas that few have heard of, much less tasted.
Thanks Ralph, Jason and Mark for all the prizes that were given out from BFT shirts and hats to gift cards from Sportsmans and Shasta tackle. We even had a camera crew to cover the event, what a deal. I think the only thing missing was a bull horn so we all could tell what was going on at the end of the line. It was a great get together, my thanks go out to everyone involved.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]This year’s Salsa Boyz party was pretty good I might say. It’s always fun to meet, face to face, with folks we see on the board.

Dr. Flinn and I were eager to get out there early and try our luck at some glow tubes in the dark. We didn’t catch anything while fishing in the dark but shortly after sunup, the Doc pulled up this 8 lb 32 inch mack. He caught it on a bright chartruse green glow tube:
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline "Dr-Flinn's-Makc 400.jpg"][/#002850][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]

AF Dan and son, as always, had a good time too. I seen them land a nice mack that Adam Eakle will probably show everyone this coming Saturday night at 11:00 on channel 2’s Roughing it Outdoors.

[inline AFDan-400.jpg]

But BearLakeFishGuy caught the biggest fish of the day ... somewhere in the range of 12-13 lbs.

[inline BLFG-400.jpg]

For lunch, we lined up the boats, passed a bunch of BFT prizes and gift certificates from Sportsman’s Warehouse. We had 3-layer dip and chips, hot clam chowder (best I have ever had!), beans and steak, elk sausage, cheese, ham sandwiches, smoked trout, beat salsa (from the joker ... original salsa boy), and some mystery meat that Pat brought. Man, we had a lot of food. Oh, and buy the way, once again this year, BLFG brought his famous HOT out of the oven bread and Bear Lake raspberry jam. Wow, what good eats we had.

[inline Lined-up-for-lunch-400.jpg]

Here are a few more pics from the shindig.

Petty, Rileyfish, and F4F05:

[inline Riley-Pety-F4F05-400.jpg]

Adam and Dad Eakle:

[inline Adam-Eakle-400.jpg]

Tem Muskyhunter:

[inline Team-Muskyhunter-400.jpg]

A tagged cutthroat that I caught:

[inline My-cut-400.jpg]

Fishonlynch father and son:

[inline Fishonlynch-400.jpg]

Fish1on:

[inline Fish1on-400.jpg]
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice pics, do you know who smoked the trout? I want to ask them a couple questions.
[signature]
it was old coot
[signature]
Stories... And Salsa On Bear Lake
[url "http://www.kutv.com/content/outdoors/default.aspx"]http://www.kutv.com/content/outdoors/default.aspx[/url]

[Image: camera.jpg][url "http://javascript:IDMStoryPhoto('32d04b7b-21ed-45e7-b310-73e094585154', 0);"][#506066]Slideshow[/#506066][/url]
[url "http://www.kutv.com/Photo.aspx?content_id=32d04b7b-21ed-45e7-b310-73e094585154"]http://www.kutv.com/...e7-b310-73e094585154[/url]
[signature]
For anyone interested, I posted a video of the Get together in the video section.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/videos/"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/videos/[/url]

Ya, I know I'm a day late and a dollar short....
[signature]
to bad this is the report for the 07 salsa boys. LOL
[signature]