Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back
What a trip.<br>Left the landing realllllly late(11:30).No problem.We got to the island at around 4:00Am.We started trolling at 4:30Am.We had a stop here and there.I got 2 fish on the first two stops.It went down hill for me from there.We got kicked out by the navy to a 20 mile radius of SCI.Well we didn't catch anything outside.We were told to stay out until 6.Capt wayne said screw it at 4 we are going in.We hooked some fish with a few bait fish here and there.Abou 7 Pm it went WFO for 20 minutes.I hooked 4 and only landed 1.I'm a farmer.I missed about 15 fish and only landed 5.That was the worst day ever for me.<br><br>The next day I woke up at 4 and throw bait.Both me and the other man at the rail hook up and some people start waking up.About 6-7 of us were on fish.Only 1 was caught and I didn't catch it.Scattered stops the rest of the day.At least I got one.Most got the gooses egg.We called it a day at 11 am since everyone was tired and we wanted to go home since they weren't biting.<br><br>What a fun charter with only 17 on the Mustang.<br>One guy got over 30 for the trip,few with over 20,some with 10,most under 3.The reason why most didn't even hook many was they weren't selective with their baits.Bait was the whole key.You could fish 80# with a 7/0 hook as long as the chovie was a nie green back free swimmer.We also had cured baits<br><br>I spam this boat for a reason.I've been going on this charter for 4 years now and we are treated like gold,like we know what's up, and we always bring back or at least in my case hook lot of fish.<br>The main set up that I got hit on was the 20# line with a #2 hook with 1/4 oz of total weight.They bit the heavier line better for some.For me 20# was the ticket.The guy wih over 30 fish was using 50# with a 5/0 on chovies.You need to be at the rail when they strike.The guys who were hooked onto way more fish.I got one fish on the slide.I'd soak my bait in the take and fling it over before they were even done saying hookup.I changed the slide bait once every 2 minutes.Change those bait often.You don't get bit change t.Alot of the fish are down low so you could try maybe 1 oz of weight.We metered a lot at 50-120ft.<br><br>Get out there while it's hot.<br><br>
Thanks for the report Hara!<br><br>Sounds like you and (some) others fished fairly hard and got the results on the board. <br><br>What rod(s) and reel(s) were you using? <br><br><br><br>Burnin Thumbs!<br><br>Steve B <br>Moderator Lures/Baits Forum<br><A HREF="http://www.demonjigs.com" target="_new">http://www.demonjigs.com</A>
Thor,<br><br>No limits in US waters.What is disppointing is the guyt with over 30 has a commerical license and he sells most of them.The guys with 20 or more they have so much darn family and friends I doubt they even have 5 for themselevs left.We were fishing ablies and ppu one small bluefin on the boat.<br><br>I used a 270-7 seeker with 20# and a daiwa sl20sh.That is all that was needed with a #2 hook and 1/4 z of total weight.I brought way to much tackle.8rigs was over board<br><br>