Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th day hunt state/private land
well as you can see its posted under deer harvast reports,the monkey is off my back.we hit private land behind my house first thing stayed untill the woodcutter showed up,we saw nothing,the wind was blowing in circles,so bill and i headed over to state land.we got there a 9 am,we were almost to the edge of the field a shot rang out on the opposit side of the property,we saw nothing running down.i got to my stand,and bill headed up past me to his spot.he radioed me and said there was someone else set up with a blind 50 ft behind where he sits,and was going to his second location,about 5 mins past,i heard a snap behind me,i turned to look,squirles,look forward to my left a buck ,nose down comming out of the beech trees.he came to the edge of the logging rd.and was smelling up and down the edge.was reluctant to cross due to bills scent,i think,i watched him with no shot,then he started up and away from me,with nose still to the ground,i picked up my gun and started looking for a window,ahead of him,i found 1 small one,he walked right into it.i took the same shot as sat.deer that i lost,and the whole time i was saying sqeeze the trigger,sqeeze the trigger.took one shot,down he went,and stayed down.i waited untill he stopped kicking ,got down and walk to him,about an 80 yd shot,i could see where bill was supposed to sit and i could see the other hunter.i was suprise the the other guy didnt see him first,we walked right in front of him,it was a 7 pt,dressed at 187lbs
[signature]
congrats...

he will feed the campers for a day or two...

well that monkey must think my back is a merry*go-round, he keeps going round and round and round...

any way, I spent the first three days of my season processing every one elses deer, starting with my dads first, He got to his spot and dropped a doe right off, called for the guys he was with to come and help him load her up, an hour goes by as he waits in his blind and another doe walks in to range and he drops another one in her tracks. he calls again to see what is taking them and they said they were on their way, and he tells them he has another doe that has to be picked up, and they said good deal they would be right there, so another hour has passed, two hours in to opening morning and a 7 point walks in and he drops that one in his tracks. Well he calls his buds again wantin to know where they were, it raining and the figured he would be alright in his huntin shack so the said they shot at one on the way out and was tracking it and would be there just as soon as the find it, well another hour goes by and a 12 point walks in to range and dad drops him in his tracks..

so now it is about 10 am opening morning he calls his buds again and says he all out of tags and he cant get out the door because of all the deer piled up. his buds still out hunting said they are having a hard time trying to track down a wounded deer in the rain.

they finaly showed up about 11:30 am figuring he would be ready for lunch and was stunned to see deer piled waist high.

needless to say I had my hands full.
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8308/cat/602"][Image: dad_deer.JPG][/url][/center] [center]click to enlarge[/center] [center] [/center] [left]I finaly got blood off my hands and out to the woods in the afternoon of day 4 and sat there for 6 hours, but sore, blatter running on over time, and I finaly get the unsupressing urge to go back in, I cant take another 10 minutes, and of corse I get up and start walking back and I thought to my self now that I am getting up and going in the deer is going to show up, I turned around and looked back and sure nuff, a big bodied doe comes walking in just as pritty as she pleased, not a care in the world... ten feet from where I was sitting...[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I did get something for my efforts, I got a shot of a turkey, took it with my nikon digital...[/left] [left] [/left] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8309/size/big/cat/602"][Image: Turkey_11.JPG][/url][/center] [center]click to enlarge[/center] [center] [/center] [left]I shlept the entire 5th day, didnt set foot out of the house, its susposed to rain the next couple days, so maybe in the rain I can get a burger of my own.. LOL.[Tongue][/left]
[signature]
[url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: 4_17_209.gif][/url]Great Job. Now that you have the smell of deer on ya, Im sure you have more tags. Bills luck sounds like mine so many years ago. LOL Dave, your father hit the bonanza this trip. Great for him. Did he use the new house??? Sounds like the hunting is alot better than the fishing this year. But just in case, I'm hitting the Ct River wed. I feel a cough comeing on. LOL

[url "http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxdm801BNUS&utm_id=7923"][Image: sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm801BNUS][/url]
[signature]
thats some pile of beef dave,you guys will not starve this winter,

i am hoping bill would get one.he is starting to get discouraged.
good luck on the river,i think you should take fri off too,you sound really hoarse
[signature]
heres a pic from bill phone
[signature]
ya he was using the hut, they all thought I was nutz when they saw me haul out the lawn mower and mowed down a 20x50 patch in the corner of the feild...

now they just look at me and scratch their head like what the devil is he doin next...

I just got word a few minutes ago that two more deer were taken from there in the last couple days one just a couple hours ago.. Man, I should have been charging rent....LOL...

still no deer for me yet... but if having the smell on me is a good thing I might have to put a tin pan in the seat of my pants just in case, I skinned and proccessed 12 deer since opening day... I did skim a pound of burger of each of the deer I processed, every one said take more, but its not the same if ya know what I mean...

I will probably process 4 more before the season is over as the rest of the nephews check in...

there was a bit of arguments at first of wich chare to use in the shack, wodden, lawn, swivel... I didnt quite make it big enough for a lazy boy [angelic].

now that is has been tested, the best chair is the one I provided, a new swivel office chair.. it was the only one that has enough padding and worm enough to sit on for any peroid of time, along with being the quietest of all the chairs, stationary charis just wont alow you to look out in all directions, if you attempt to the creek... you never noticed the creeks untill they were set in that little shack and the sound bounced off the walls back at you...

ya I would rather be out on the water or woods if I am fealing the flu or cough bug... the fresh air seems to help...

good luck on the fishing.... I may wonder over to that canton river next month to check on catching me a tincle fish "steelie"
[signature]
that pile added up to right around 300 pounds of burger...

I get discuraged my self at times, then I remember that if we have ice I will have fish sticks real soon...[Tongue]

I tend to eat more fish as to red meats...

just have to keep things in perspective, and remember the reason for getting out, and if it is filling the freezer, that is a never ending year round job... My pumpkin turned out 8 pies this year. "grown in my yard" just boil it down add the spices, put it in quart bags for later use. just take it out, add cream and an egg pour in to a shell and bake...
[signature]
thats pretty good image from a cell phone...

good presentation and compesition as well...
[signature]