Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dacor Turbo Flex fins
I purchased some of these turbo II fins. I have stocking foot waders. What kind of booties should I get for these fins?
THANKS
OWL
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hopefully your fins are large enough to accomodate waders, socks and booties without foot constriction. Normally it is a good idea to get all the other stuff first and then try the fins on to make sure they are large enough.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=199517;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]WADERS AND FOOTWEAR[/url] thread on the picture board. It shows some of the different options. Many of us wear simple "water shoes" over the neoprene foot pockets in our waders. If you do not have feet larger than about size 10, you can probably find flats boots or divers boots that will fit over them. I have size 13 feet so I have to use some of the old wraparound tubing booties no longer sold by Cabelas.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Once you know that you can wear a certain size bootie, you can shop online by going to a search engine and looking up "Skin Diving Boots". Then, look for different models in the size you need and compare prices. Hint...all you need is a good sole to protect your neoprene wader feet. You don't need a lot of fancy stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[url "http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180179614562&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180179614562&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008[/url]
Theyre Medium -large I wear a 8.5-9 shore.
I have a couple of pair of water shoes I'll give em a try.
OWL
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The fins look good, and TUSA is a quality name in the industry. There are just two things you will need to find out for yourself.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]1. Is the size large enough to hold you and your layers without constriction? No way to tell by the listed size just how much bulk they will hold. All manufacturers seem to have different guidelines. That is why it is always best to "try before you buy'...or at least know in advance exactly what size you need.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2. Performance for tubing fins. There are many differences in the size and stiffness of the "blades" on fins. Some are too soft and give poor transference of power on each kick. Others are too stiff. They are efficient but will tire your legs quicker. Most tubers prefer something in between. Unfortunately, designs that work best for diving are not always the best for tubing. Slightly different kicking and application of force.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hopefully the fins will work out great. Even if they are a bit small for tubing with full gear, you can probably use them for tubing in warmer water, where you do not have to have as many layers. At the price you paid, you could afford to shop for another larger pair if you need them. You DID score a good deal.[/#0000ff]
[signature]