Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fishing Hooks
Eagle Claw and Penn have teamed up and come out with a new series of fishing hooks. I've been fishing the red color hooks and they work great.
[signature]
THe red circle hooks?

Aaron
[signature]
I like the red, but they come in three different finishes.
[signature]
Hey Dan,

Sorry for what I said before and I apologize for any trouble

Aaron
[signature]

Hey there TVDan,

I don't wanna sound like the Russian guy on Star Trek who used to state whatever was being talked about as being invented in Russia but.......

In Japan, the colored hooks (especially the red) have been around for at least 20 years that I personnaly know of. Most of the colored ones are snelled with the eyelet-less hooks. The finish is not the heavy black Jappaned ones like on some of the tuna hooks but looks more like it had been annodized.

They come in red, blue, and green for sure.

Like your show as long as you stick to local fishing. I ain't watchin' ya when you're fishin' in Alaska! ha ha

tsurikichi
a.k.a.JapanRon
[signature]
Yes, your right, I've seen colored hooks for years, but these are a whole new series of hooks from Penn- Made by Eagle Claw. They make them in them in three different finishes. No, these are not the first red hooks ever made, but they might be the best.
[signature]
JapanRon: Memories! Okinawa 1953 trying to locate hooks with eyes was impossible. All hooks were flanged where the eye was supposed to be. You learned to snell or you didn't fish.I think I have told this story before on the boards but bear with me. It was impossible to find a reel or even a rod to fish with. My wife sent me a rod and reel and I was the local hit of Tengan village. Those natives had never seen any thing like a Mitchell Spinning reel and a spinning rod.It was stolen one week after I got it darn-it.
[signature]
I have tried those red coloreds and they worked well for me also.
[signature]