Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon River
Bob and I put in at 6:30 wed. Water temp was 39 so we headed up river to a channel we know of. Alot of structure and the beavers had been busy making more. Not a bite till we got to a spot he lost a real nice one last week. He throws a jig and that bad momma took it. Battle was only on for 20 seconds before she spit it out. After alot of foot stomping we headed back down river and went up the Salmon. Schoolies where jumping at the mouth but no takers. Worked our way up to cones point and Bob lands a pickerel and a perch to beat the skunk. This will be the last trip for the year. I'll start off 08 in the same place chaseing stripers. Long 3 1/2 months.
[signature]
I stepped out for a few minutes today, and saw some pretty pretty ice on the lake today.

no not enough to walk on, just enough to cap the water, but it is encouraging....[Smile]

temps are going to be back in to the mid 40s again by sunday, but it gives hope for a fruitfull supply of ice for the season...
[signature]
Good Luck on the icecube this season, DaveT. I see things are going back to the mid 40's next week. I still have leaves on the trees here.[crazy]
[signature]
you are not kidding about the leaves,i had ice on the pond this morn,i froze my butt off this morn,and saw nothing.the stripers are starting to run up river,congrads on the no-skunk,there is still time though[Smile]
[signature]
I got me a pile of leaves too.

I aint going to touch them untill december, still need to do some deer hunting.

Little brother took a 10" spike this morning..

Just finished processing it a couple min's ago... right about 60 pounds dressed, "boneless"
[signature]
Looks like you've been real busy this year Dave. Deer seem to jump in front of your fanily.[cool] 60 degrees tues. here, but getting colder. Leaves have seem to fallen all week long and almost all are down now. I'll be taking care of them till christmas.LOL
[signature]
we have had snow on the ground since turkey day, temps did go up to 40 on sunday, but it snowed again sunday night..

temps have held in to the thirtys by day and dropped in to the teens last night...

would be nice if I could get a deer to walk in front of me... LOL...

two days left of rifle season here, I have to spend one of them at home waiting for a tpwnship inspector to come over to aprove a new well, dont know wich day he is comming, hope he dont make me wait both days...

I might have to go road hunting if he dose,,, there aint Nottin like fresh road kill stew...[Tongue]

I couldnt get out yesterday, 40 mile an hour sustained winds... monday was just down right beutiful, 35 degrees, nice quiet jentle snow fall, "about 3 inches" I went out and sat around noon, going out as every one else was comming in. I sat and watched the snow fall, and the next thing I knew it was dark out... I swear I only sat down for a couple minutes, didnt fall asleep... dont know what happened to the time, but the day was over befor I realized it... 6 hours time gone in the puff of a big fat snow flake..[cool] maybe I was having good thoughts that passed the time so swift, "I was thinking about what a beutifull day it would have been to be ice fishing" [Wink]

I thought the deer would be moving, nope, not even a track... they must have found a spot to sit and enjoyed the day as much as I was...
[signature]