Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Bass
This is by far the biggest bass I've ever seen caught. My Dad nabbed this Goliath out of Mission Viejo Lake in the summer of 2004. We didn't have a scale and it didn't fit in the livewell. We had no stringer so I tried to hold her in the water as we motored back to the Marina. Needless to say she came alive on me and about ripped my arm off as she flailed once to break my grip and then splashed us all over with her tail on the way back to the depths. I gotta say 17 pounds or more.A 15 and 1/2 fits in the livewell, I know this for sure, I've done it! By the way she was hooked on a 7 inch Fins Fish and a 5/0 owner hook and Twelve pound Cuda Line. A seven foot heavy action Phoenix rod and a Stella reel rounded out the combo.
[signature]
Heres that 15 1/2 bass caught in June 2004 also at Mission Viejo.
[signature]
That's a nice one bro. Let me know when we can hit that lake together. I'm going to mount my eyes back on the tube when I get back in town.

Aloha.[cool]
[signature]
As you can tell I'm going thru my pics. Anyway here is one when I was twelve. 123 lbs 0n 30 pound on the light iron. Brown and white Tady 45.
[signature]
Nice one. That would be fun on a float tube.[cool]
[signature]
ok..Im missing something here.. all I am seeing is a picture of bendo on his toon smiling for the camera .... that annoying ad is getting the way again also..

..are my eyes goofing up on me or is the ad blocking the pictures in question...

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hi there Macfly55 - you have to click bendopolo's attachments to see the pic's. I guess he figured that since his fish were so large the BFT couldn't provide him enough screen space. LOL. Didn't realize that MV Lake housed fish that large. WOW[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
... got it ..thank you.. had a hard time finding the links with everything so pushed together by that big avatar.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Did you think at first that bendopolo was the big fish? LOL [Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I know sometimes its hard to tell me from my fishy friends, I didn't know about avatars, or how big one could be, so now its gone. Now lets get to fishin'.
[signature]
I made a new one for you. Go ahead and plug this one in.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]They generally like to keep them around 150 pixels wide. Up to 170 is ok.[cool][/size]
[signature]
..honestly I thought he was trying to show off that little white thing at the end of his line... it wasnt until you pointed out the links that I saw the pictures of some great looking fish.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
... I hope you did not take any offense at my comments on your avatar.. it was all meant in fun..

... I enjoy seeing the pictures of peoples successes fishing.. I got to see one of yours first hand.. and the ones you posted here were impressive to say the least..

... I also hope you will be able to make it to the next Corona trip.. weather permitting tn2 will be introducing me to my first tubing experience.. I have a feeling santa wife and I will be talking money after that trip is over.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
No offense Macfly I'm just showing my avatar ignorance [blush] . TubeN2 fixed me right up!
[signature]
...isnt that a private lake? I work here in Mission Viejo and was tempted to hit that lake this past summer until I heard it was a private lake.. did someone lead me astray??

MacFly
[signature]
Define private, because MVL is open to the entire city of Mission Viejo residents. We all pay a huge amount every month to be able to fish in paradise. [Wink]
[signature]
..private as in closed to non residents...

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hey there MacFly55 if you have a spare million or two you could buy into the area & fish free. LOL. Perhaps you could rent a room from Bendopolo's father which would be a much cheaper way to go.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[Smile]... was just curious.. seems such a waste with that lake that close to where I work and I cannot use it.. [Sad]... I am sure I will survive ... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]