Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool new kayak
I saw this one the Cabelas website and was wondering if anyone ever used one of these? It looks like a pretty good setup.

FF462
[signature]
Nice stillwater yak. Definitely not for the ocean.[cool]

Who makes it??
[signature]
It's called the, Freedom Hawk Expedition Package Kayak im not sure if Freedom Hawk is who makes it or not though.
[signature]
It looks similar to the stealth kayak. I sold them a few years ago. It was very stable you can stand on it and use a trolling motor if you wanted. They were also very heavy and awkward to load and carry.
Does that kayak have poly pontoons or inflatable? Is the seat hard plastic?
[signature]
The pontoons are poly I think but the seat looks like cloth, it's hard to tell in the picture. Cabelas has them for sail thats the only place ive seen them.

FF462
[signature]
It has been a while since I've sold them but it is probably similar to the stealth. Like I said it is very stable but it's a bitch to load and launch. I have been using a dagger Cortez not the optimal fishing kayak, but fast wich is nice when fishing those good days when the weather can take a nasty change. I'm not a real fan of open kayaks because they are more difficult to load, but you may want to check out the Heritage Fisherman. You can get some good ideas for setting up a boat from it.
[signature]
I'm sorry I didn't notice the attached pic. I was looking at your icon. I have never seen anything like that before.
[signature]