Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah has Ice
Finally some cold weather and the lakes are icing up.

Hit one of the higher smaller lakes that freeze early yesterday with my brother. Great morning to be on the lake. A fox ran across the lake as we got out of the car and the Tiger trout were ready to eat. Early in the morning we couldn't keep both our poles in the water as you couldn't rebait and get down fast enough before your other pole had a hit. We had a fish on three different poles at the same time with the forth pole sitting on the ice waiting for bait.
[signature]
GEE THANKS... NOW I GOT THE ITCH!

not that I dont always have it.. [Tongue]

how much ice are we talking...

nice specimins.. and I reconize the two eyed yellow jig... got a couple my self... never knew they would pull up trout....

congrats on the early catches,, and thanks for the share...
[signature]
Nice solid, crystal clear six inches. My favorite time of year. Ice is solid and safe but you can still watch the fish swim right below you. Also a lot less work to drill through with the old hand auger.
[signature]
aint that the god's truth,

cant discribe the amount of adrenaline that goes though ones system when a big fish goes under your feet, even carp drum up a ton of excitment...[cool]

it will be a minimum of two weeks before I see ice on my lake... "its two weeks from the time it starts to form if conditions hold to the time the lake becomes solid enough, Lots of running water in my lake...

ya gotta love first ice, even if it is snow covered, the excitment of not knowing is the lake is going to open realy puts you on the edge...

since evil canevil died the other day, we are running low on dare devils...[Sad]
[signature]