Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 11/30
[cool]I as finally able to fish at B-5 right at the trout plant. As soon as the planting truck started to dump the trout in, everyone began tossing the various trout imitating lures into the cove. I began tossing after all the trout were in the cove. The X-rap wasn't producing so I cast out a 6" LA slider. Second cast and fish on! Very nice fight and very nice size; 10lbs 4oz. Jazzed that I got my first double digit in two years, I went further into the cove and stuck a 4lb 5oz about an hour later. After that I got no love however there were a few more stripers caught. A total of four stripers from 4lbs to 11lbs were caught as the trout were planted. Hope that the fishing remains good as this.
[signature]
Nice fish. Way to go!

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Sounds fun! What time were they planting there? Also, is this the area around Saddle cove where the floating toilette is?
[signature]
[cool]Hey Demolitron, they planted at 9:30a.m. However, I heard from some of the other guys there that they usaully plant the trout earlier, say 8:00a.m. Yes, it is the same one that has the floating toilet.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Mead_Stripers.
[signature]
Nice! Trout plants are the place to be for larger fish. Thanks for the great report.
BaySport
[signature]
Very nice fish. Ill be heading out for one of the next 2 trout plants in my kayak. Lookin for something in the 10 to 20lb range. Your catch gives me hope! I know it gets kinda deep off the east side of that point; how deep were you running your la slider?
[signature]
[cool]Hey The Whizzle, I was letting it sink only about six feet. I use a 3/4oz. jighead in it so it will sink a little faster.
[signature]