Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Where You Find It
Here's an interesting take on stealth urban fishing.

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc8KGLbiAi8"]The Hooky Man[/url]

z~
[signature]
That was cool[cool]
[signature]
kewl.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Eggcellent...or whatever. Great watching.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have spent time down in southern Florida and you can see a lot of "fish hookey" players on the numerous canals and waterways. Some of those canals are full of "aquarium escapees", like oscars, Jack Dempseys and other exotics. There are sometimes peacock bass and almost always some big bluegills or largemouths. Cottonmouths and gators too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is actually one guy (maybe more) who is a guide to fishing for big grass carp (up to 40 - 50 pounds) with a fly rod in the Miami area. You get in his small car and drive from canal to canal, looking for surface feeding grass carp. Then you set up your rod, make a few casts and either catch a fish or move to the next spot.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, wherever the Intercoastal Waterway (salt water) meets the road, you can find guys in business attire casting lures or soaking bait during the day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Another fun fishing fact about Miami is that there are lots of high rise office buildings that are built right on the water in Biscayne Bay. When the mackerel are running heavy it is not unusual to see guys hanging out the window on the lower floors, casting for mackerel. That is dedicated...and handy. Not sure I wouldn't do that my own self. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[#0000ff]There is actually one guy (maybe more) who is a guide to fishing for big grass carp (up to 40 - 50 pounds) with a fly rod in the Miami area. You get in his small car and drive from canal to canal, looking for surface feeding grass carp. Then you set up your rod, make a few casts and either catch a fish or move to the next spot.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[/reply]

I have seen that guy's website. Kind on an interesting application of ingenuity using the resource at hand.

z~
[signature]
That was Cool[cool] Uncle Z. I see there are plenty of Golden Bonefish chasers out there with flyswatters.[Smile]
[signature]