Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what´s up with sunglasses
Hello! Ok, one more question.
Is it true when surf or pier fishing that using sunglasses will show you where the fish are? Or are the sunglasses a must when fishing, other than protecting from uv rays. Thanks a lot. GOD bless
[signature]
You won't be able to see all the fish but if you use Polarized sunglasses, you can cut down on most of the glare from the water which will enable you to see some of the fish near the top of the water column depending on the clarity of the water you are fishing.

The cleaner the water, the better the view.

Sunglass are always important while participating in any type of water sports.[cool]
[signature]
Polarized sun glasses are indespencible for any coastal angler. Most of the time, you won't see the bait unless you have a pair on. I don't know where you're fishing, but here on the east coast we use a lot of menhaden for live bait fishing and trolling. When they are down a few feet, and the water is murky, you have no chance of finding bait unless you've got a good pair of shades and a sharp eye. You can get a pair of Calcuttas pretty cheap, like around 20 or 30 bucks. Go with a decent pair, not an expensive pair. I usually go through a pair of glasses each season, as wiping the salt spray off of them quite frequently is devistating to the lense. A 20 dollar pair of glasses can be discarded and replaced, but, it's a little harder to part with a 200 dollar pair of Costa Del mars. [cool]
[signature]
You can also get some of the polarized glasses from Walmart. They have 2 different ones in the fishing section of the store. They are made by Renegade and cost $9.99 and $14.99

You can find the Calcutta sunglasses at your local tackle store.[cool]
[signature]
Get some good one's...
[signature]
[reply]Get some good one's...[/reply]

As said, you don't have to buy the most expensive one but a good set of glasses are the ticket to being on the water. I use Costa's, but I am on the water bout every day during the summer on charters. After a while the sun will take a toll on the eyes. Get some polorized glasses and you will be amazed...........
[signature]