Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie Fishing Report April 4,5 &6, 2003 Big Sandy Ky Lake
KYLCRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
Fishing Report April 4,5 & 6, 2003
[cool] The lake level is 356.40 and water temperatures are between 60 to 62 degrees, I had Guide trips all three days with lots of fish being caught. Friday March 4 we had a limit by 11:00. Saturday April 5 was a different story we only had 33 and Sunday the 6 we caught 28 in two hours. Wind, Rain and lightening played a big part of catching fish on KY Lake this weekend but the fish we did catch were full of eggs so you know what that means……The spawn is real close. I would like to Thank Kevin Williams, Rod Taylor, Jerry Hagle and James Fagg for putting up with the conditions here on KY Lake. As everyone knows we can’t control mother nature. I would like to mention Jerry did catch two 2.5# crappie back to back before lightning run us off the lake. Try fishing in 10’ to 12’ of water keeping your baits around 10’ foot. Best baits for the three days were the TeeZur Hot Head white with red eyes Orange /Chart Skirt tipped with a Berkley crappie nibble also a TeeZur Orange/ Chart Hot Head 3/32 with a Baby Bass skirt tipped with Berkley Crappie Nibble. A special thanks also goes out to David and his wife for setting up their trailer at Mansard Island with TeeZur jigs. For more info on TeeZur jigs, or crappie nibbles, send me an email. Or call TeeZur at 731.692.3908 Remember your life Jackets and don’t forget the Kids they also want to enjoy the same action as you! Please remember our Troops in your prayers!
God bless and good fishing to you all.
Charles Smith
KYLCRAPPIE Guide Service
KYLCRAPPIE@Hotmail.com
[signature]